Keeping the standard cat back exhaust

wave2k

Ive never been one to enjoy an overly loud exhaust, for me it ruins the feel of luxury if all i can hear in the cabin is exhaust noise.

I also heard the the standard box isnt that restrictive as all the restriction comes from the standard cats.

now fitting high flo cats is going to make it a little louder but i hope not too much.

Will i still see good gains though ? after a remap of course

Thinking about Berks HF cats and a japspeed Y pipe as well as the 06+ airbox mod and Plenum spacer

Basically i want good performance gains without making the car /too/ loud.

Standard back box is good for up to 400bhp by all accounts, it is the Y pipe that strangles the life out of your engine. Japspeed is 'okay' - the Stillen from Tarmac is widely accepted as being super duper though :thumbs:

Just tailor in your expectations on gains, I think a few 276bhp cars have gone on to get 300bhp with the above mods (plus full sports exhaust) but overall it will drive miles better.

I am in the process of doing a few mods, added a plenum spacer yesterday, put on a milltek cat back last weekend, berks and uprev on thursday!

Standard back box is good for up to 400bhp by all accounts, it is the Y pipe that strangles the life out of your engine. Japspeed is 'okay' - the Stillen from Tarmac is widely accepted as being super duper though :thumbs:

Just tailor in your expectations on gains, I think a few 276bhp cars have gone on to get 300bhp with the above mods (plus full sports exhaust) but overall it will drive miles better.

I am in the process of doing a few mods, added a plenum spacer yesterday, put on a milltek cat back last weekend, berks and uprev on thursday!

Good luck with it mate, hope you love the car even more when its done, i know i did. Looking forward to thewrite up.

Sounds good, id rather do that and keep the car quieter although adding the HF cats will make it a bit louder.

Ill do the Plenum and airbox myself, then get someone else like Abbey MS to do the cats and remap as its fairly local.

how much is the Stillen Y-pipe ?