central locking problem

The Accountant

Hi all

Got a small problem with my central locking. Only got the car last week & when first viewing the keys didn't lock the car. Anyway the garage had it sorted, but now when you press the unlock button only the driver side door unlocks, also just sometimes the passenger side window slides halfway down. Is it something easy to sort? I have a warrenty & could pop it back to the garage, but it's 50miles away. Just wondered if it's something I could do myself?

Any help would be great.

Thanks Lee

The unlock thing is easy.

Basically you can set the key to unlock either only the drivers door, or both doors.

Lock the car, then press and hold the unlock button until the indicators blip (after about 5 seconds IIRC) that should have changed it to both doors.

Basically you can set the key to unlock either only the drivers door, or both doors.

Lock the car, then press and hold the unlock button until the indicators blip (after about 5 seconds IIRC) that should have changed it to both doors.

Dam just ran outside to try this, and it didnt work on my 2003 :thumbdown:

Dam just ran outside to try this, and it didnt work :thumbdown:

think i read this only works on the 06+ cars :(

Actually found another post listing the procedure as ...

"Hold both the open button and close button at the same time for 5 secs IIRC to change the setting " which is slightly different from Lexxs version , will give it a go later but suspect it still wont work on my pre facelift model, however I do think this is the correct procedure for newer cars.