Warning about website car sales scam

ATTAK Z

North Lincolnshire Council Trading Standards is warning people to be wary of a rip-off car sales website after a motorist spent £9,000 on a BMW that never appeared.

A number of complaints have been made about http://repossessedcarssalesdirect.com, a car sales website claiming to be based in S****horpe.

The website is registered in the USA and offers vehicles for sale at prices much cheaper than their market value.

The business address given on the website is an office in S****horpe but Trading Standards officers do not believe the company is based there.

Consumers are warned to be wary of buying from such websites while the complaints are investigated.

People buying cars from the website are asked to pay using an online bank transfer through a live chat facility rather than with a debit or credit card.

Bank transfers offer very little protection for consumers compared to credit and debit cards.

The company says vehicles are delivered within five days of payment but the website is a scam and the cars do not appear.

A number of customers claim to have transferred money from their accounts but have not received a vehicle including one person who paid £9,000 for a BMW that was never delivered.

Two similar websites that have since closed down were listed at the same S****horpe address and another was listed in the Isle of Man.

These websites were Car-Sales-Direct.com and Usedcars-warehouse.com.

Not being funny, but I wouldnt hand over cash without having the goods in front of me. But, i guess not everyone does, hence sites like this popping up.

That was my first thought too, but as you say Im guessing some people do!

As my old dad used to say "if a deal sounds too good to be true....it probably is!", wise man my old man god bless his soul !