N2 front bumper questions

deank93

Morning, Following last months Essex drive out I've found myself taken with the N2 front bumper and have a couple of questions I'm hoping some may be able to answer for me.

I have a 313 spec car which has the bonnet bulge and on looking at some pictures of the N2 bumper it looks like the bonnet grooves from the older style bonnet continue down into the N2 bumper, am i seeing things or are they all like that? is there one without the grooves as this would look odd on my car?

What should i be looking at paying? can anyone suggest a few places to look?

I really do not like the canards (think thats what they are called) things on the side of the bumper, are they optional?

Do i really need to spend top money on an original one or are there good copies which are cheaper? if so does anyone know where i shpould be looking.

Anyone got any idea on how much a reasonable body shop would charge to paint and fit?

Thanks. Dean.

Morning, Following last months Essex drive out I've found myself taken with the N2 front bumper and have a couple of questions I'm hoping some may be able to answer for me.

I have a 313 spec car which has the bonnet bulge and on looking at some pictures of the N2 bumper it looks like the bonnet grooves from the older style bonnet continue down into the N2 bumper, am i seeing things or are they all like that? is there one without the grooves as this would look odd on my car?

What should i be looking at paying? can anyone suggest a few places to look?

I really do not like the canards (think thats what they are called) things on the side of the bumper, are they optional?

Do i really need to spend top money on an original one or are there good copies which are cheaper? if so does anyone know where i shpould be looking.

Anyone got any idea on how much a reasonable body shop would charge to paint and fit?

Thanks. Dean.

Dean,

- I have seen them without the grooves on the bumper so that will be fine

- Speak to the traders on here - :pmtarmac::pmzmanalex: also P4ul T (think thats his name) is a UK rep for Shine who are great replica kit manufacturers. People say they are bette rthan the originals with fit and quality

not sure on the paint and fit question :thumbs:

James

EDIT: Also you can get them without the canyards pretty easily

Good choice mate, that was the bumper i wanted before the meet and after want it even more after looking at benzeds one, its on my list of things to get at some point in the near future, I can ask someone about spraying it for you who lives next door to my missus, the house we stopped at with the tvr on the drive. hes got a barn on his feild that has been converted in to a body shop so quite local to you he sprayed my mates scooby before when it was repared after a motorbike parking itself in the side and it was a good job.

bumper spraying costs anywhere between £250 -£500 depends on where in the country and who you use.

as for fitting, if you buy the original it apparently needs no adjsutment, it just bolts straight on no issue. so fitting costs pretty much non exsistant.

the shine is good, but might need some work doen before painting to make sure it fits well.

buy anything cheaper and you could be looking at very high fitting costs

Good choice mate, that was the bumper i wanted before the meet and after want it even more after looking at benzeds one, its on my list of things to get at some point in the near future, I can ask someone about spraying it for you who lives next door to my missus, the house we stopped at with the tvr on the drive. hes got a barn on his feild that has been converted in to a body shop so quite local to you he sprayed my mates scooby before when it was repared after a motorbike parking itself in the side and it was a good job.

It was benzeds one that got me thinking about it, i kept looking at the pictures of the drive out and thought the N2 looked great.

If its no agro I'd be interested in a price on spraying but I'm not in a position to do much about it this side of Christmas so realistically I'd be looking a Feb (Xmas bonus is paid out), Cheers.