Any email experts out there ?

Im getting fed up with 123 REG :rant:

Its where the business email address is logged too and I keep getting issues. Unable to log on, timing out errors blah blah.

Im not a retard :p but im also not a particularly techy type person, I just want a decent email system that isn't going to be so damn frustrating !!!

Anyone got any advice ? If I already have the email set up with 123 reg is it a pain to switch it to something like Lotus notes or similar....

:doh:

Are you having problems with their webmail interface or just their email servers in general?

What I do is to use gmail to pick up all the email from my various domain names into one account. Then I can access it either directly through my web browser & gmail, or through my outlook (setup via IMAP), or via my mobile phone (again, IMAP). So at all times everything is sync`d.

Im sure some of my domains are with 123 REG and ive not had any problems to mention.

Are you having problems with their webmail interface or just their email servers in general?

What I do is to use gmail to pick up all the email from my various domain names into one account. Then I can access it either directly through my web browser & gmail, or through my outlook (setup via IMAP), or via my mobile phone (again, IMAP). So at all times everything is sync`d.

Im sure some of my domains are with 123 REG and ive not had any problems to mention.

When I said im not a retard, what I actually meant is im a bit of a retard :blush:

I don't know what Imap is, I will have to look into it or do as Doogy says and see the light B)

It works fine on my Iphone but I have to go on with the laptop to attach shipping docs etc, thats when I get issues... at first it was because I had an outdated browser but I changed to Firefox and it had seemed fine up until the last few weeks.

If its working fine on your iphone, then if i was you, id be tempted to setup something like outlook or outlook express on your laptop using the same settings just for your work emails. They would be something like pop3.yourdomainname.com and smtp.yourdomainname.com for pop3 and something else for imap.

Pop3 is where you set your email client (iphone or outlook etc.) to check for new email every so often. IMAP is when email is automatically sent out to the client. It also sync`s so any emails you delete on your iphone will also shown as deleted in outlook and vice versa (if you set it up like that). So, IMAP seems more popular these days with people.

There should be a guide somewhere on the 123 REG website detailing the port numbers & server names you need. Its pretty straight forward. :thumbs:

Careful with POP3 as the default used to be for it to delete the emails once you downloaded them, so if you check from Outlook then from iPhone the new messages wont show on iPhone as they downloaded to the PC. IMAP is better if you have multiple devices and should be the default these days as it stays on the server and just syncs to the PC and phone :thumbs: