How to build a supercar tonight (MP4-12C)

Beavis

And HD B)

Looked uber cool - but did anyone else think that girl shouldnt be building a supercar? I know plenty of other girls that know exactly how brakes work, and understand that actually, if any of the bolts need doing up properly, its not the handbrake I'd be worried about, but perhaps the main brake calliper bolts ;):lol: Maybe thats why they got her to do the handbrake :shrug: (thats a joke before the girls start :p )

And HD B)

Looked uber cool - but did anyone else think that girl shouldnt be building a supercar? I know plenty of other girls that know exactly how brakes work, and understand that actually, if any of the bolts need doing up properly, its not the handbrake I'd be worried about, but perhaps the main brake calliper bolts ;):lol: Maybe thats why they got her to do the handbrake :shrug: (thats a joke before the girls start :p )

I thought at 19 she was quite good in the knowledge stakes and it was refreshing to see Mclaren do not require graduates for every job they have there.

I hadn't appreciated before the full extent of the production planned, and carried out in difficult financial times so there must be plenty of oil barons and the like around for Ron not to have moth-balled the build.

and carried out in difficult financial times so there must be plenty of oil barons and the like around for Ron not to have moth-balled the build.

Was thinking that myself :surrender: Watched it in HD too, place looked stunning B)

They have this place somewhere as well :surrender::cloud9:

Really interesting and gotta love Ron Dennis but I bet he's a bitch to work for (not that I would want to do a physical job in 22 degree heat all day!). Fair play to the 19 year old girl, but as I've told employees before, if you don't know exactly what you're talking about, don't say it! I expect she got pulled up on a few things spoke about.

Got to wonder though, is there really the market for producing 2000 MP4s a year?

The overheads to run both centres must be astronomical, I'd love to know what other pies he has his fingers in!

Got to wonder though, is there really the market for producing 2000 MP4s a year?

Worldwide yes, I would think, just because there is a recession on it rarely affects the folks who can afford these sorts of cars!!

I'd love to know what other pies he has his fingers in!

Rabbitstew will answer that question for you :lol::lol:

Really interesting and gotta love Ron Dennis but I bet he's a bitch to work for

The bit with the floor tiles was dead funny. He was soo annoyed with the damaged floor tile, but even more annoyed at the one that had been replaced and didnt match the colour! He should know by now, when you lay the floor you buy sets from different batches, and mix them up. That way they dont match at all and it looks uniform because they dont quite match. Also keep a few for breakages afterwards so you can just drop ones in from the batches you used to do it originally. Not rocket science :p:lol:

I will be watching it on iPlayer tonight

I was watching a Big Bang Theory bonanza last night, cant get enough of that!

"The best number is 73.... 73 is the twenty-first prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the twelfth and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying (hang on to your hats) 7 and 3.... In binary, 73 is a palindrome: 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, which backwards is 1-0-0-1-0-0-1."

Bazinga.

"The best number is 73.... 73 is the twenty-first prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the twelfth and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying (hang on to your hats) 7 and 3.... In binary, 73 is a palindrome: 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, which backwards is 1-0-0-1-0-0-1."

Bazinga.

another fan here or should that be geek :disguise:

Bazinga.

I have been totally addicted for quite a while, cant belive so few people have given it a go, E4 to blame I think!

Sorry for the :offtopic: comments :blush:

Bazinga.

I have been totally addicted for quite a while, cant belive so few people have given it a go, E4 to blame I think!

Sorry for the :offtopic: comments :blush:

Cant remember if its the 4th or 5th series but have been watching it from the start! :lol::blush:

If you havent seen the earlier episodes you have to watch them online :thumbs:

i want a clay model of the zed in my living room...everythings a secret there though :lol: i live not far from there, used to love my friday drives past there always some rapid monster firing out of the entrance out for a road test got a pic of the mclaren slr before it was launched just appeared out in front of me

Really interesting and gotta love Ron Dennis but I bet he's a bitch to work for

The bit with the floor tiles was dead funny. He was soo annoyed with the damaged floor tile, but even more annoyed at the one that had been replaced and didnt match the colour!quote]

I think that bit was put in to reveal his OCD or underline to the market the attention to detail in everything they handled. It did pop into my mind ~~ if it bugged him so much why didn't he do something about it ; I favour the marketing impression............ :dry:

Havent seen the program yet, but can say that there was moisture in the rear lights of the one I visited in teh Manchester showroom. Perhaps more attention to detail on the seals needed?

Mind you, thats no different to the likes of Lamborghini or Ferrari, whose lights do exactly the same. :lol:

I haven't seen the programme but know of 5 or 6 orders in Aberdeen alone... Some of which have been fulfilled.

One I know of was specced with optional extra winter wheels so it could be a daily driver to replace a GTR.

They'll easy sell the allocation worldwide! :)