RESPECT

Dicky

Respect to all you intrepid spark plug changers. :thumbs:

Got the car ready this morning and spent 1 hr just getting one coil cover removed and that seemed to be the easiest one on the drivers side of the engine.

Followed the site guides which did say it was fiddly but they obviously meant FIDDLY.

Considering the one I chose looked the easiest access I decided to call it a day, have a cup of coffee and pay the stealer his money.

Apart from the very serious risk of breaking a finger nail :dummy: I was worried I might break the long spout on the back of the coil cover or even a plug when trying to remove it. :scare:

Anyway that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it

Dicky

PS Stealer prices (me supplying the plugs) ranged:- £75.6, £94.8, £117, and £122.81 all inclusive of VAT. Guess which one I chose :lol:

What stealer you use in Newcastle ??

I have always used Vic Young (South Shields) but they initially quoted £95, Rang a few places and Evens Halshaw in Sunderland quoted £75 so asked Vic Young to price match and they did. Job done!

Fiddly yes. There is a few brackets you need to unscrew. You undo them it gives you a little bit more wiggle room.

Always good to have wiggle room :thumbs:

Yes it's pretty tight down there. Just making sure did you take off the strut brace and engine cover? There is about 6 brackets you can unbolt to move that big wire/loom out the way. It took me about 3 hours :lol: but I kept stopping for breaks cleaned the maf and airfilter. £75 isn't too bad though.

What stealer you use in Newcastle ??

I have always used Vic Young (South Shields) but they initially quoted £95, Rang a few places and Evens Halshaw in Sunderland quoted £75 so asked Vic Young to price match and they did. Job done!

Should've gone to Evans really as Toby is on the site and everything :p haha

Fiddly yes. There is a few brackets you need to unscrew. You undo them it gives you a little bit more wiggle room.

Yes it's pretty tight down there. Just making sure did you take off the strut brace and engine cover? There is about 6 brackets you can unbolt to move that big wire/loom out the way. It took me about 3 hours :lol: but I kept stopping for breaks cleaned the maf and airfilter. £75 isn't too bad though.

No didnt take the strut brace off, the guide didnt suggest it nor did I think I'd need to although I can see the benifit now. I did take the black cover off and unbolted all loom securing brackets.It was the plug nearest the bulkhead on the drivers side that worryed me most, it looked impossible. I agree £75 isnt bad especially if I,d broken something.

No didnt take the strut brace off, the guide didnt suggest it nor did I think I'd need to although I can see the benifit now. I did take the black cover off and unbolted all loom securing brackets.It was the plug nearest the bulkhead on the drivers side that worryed me most, it looked impossible. I agree £75 isnt bad especially if I,d broken something.

well no wonder lol.

CS thats is cheap :thumbs:

You must be in a decent part of west end to have a zed :lol:

There's a decent garage in jesmond called autolinks that do cheap but quality work if you want me to pm you the details :thumbs:

I believe I’ve heard of them but not used them as yet. Might give them a call and price the spark plug job for comparison:thumbs:

There really good he has rally cars in all the time , If you pop in there you will see my car getting rebuilt going to be a 4litre when I get it back :teeth:

01912303535 is there number if he ask's tell him I pointed you in his direction might give u abit off servicing costs etc :thumbs:

Have you got a stroker kit fitted? What did you go for?

Sorry for slow reply mate ( not being ignorant just my phone keeps me logged in )

I haven't got a stroker kit mate , just rods , pistons, cylinders bored out etc

I get all info for the garage tomorrow and post a list for you as he's sorting all the parts and everything for me :thumbs:

How have you found the zed with nos ?? Worth doing ??