Removal of Rear Indicator & Side light unit -

Dicky

Looking to remove the rear side and indicator unit and the manual seems to suggest that the rear bumper be removed :scare: . Is this right and by the way would this be the required to change lamps or can this be done in situ somehow?

I’ve removed the boot inners and cant see the back of the light unit suggesting the manual is right

Dicky

It doesn't have to come right off but you are certainly going to have to ease if off by 3 or 4 inches IIRC :thumbs:

Looking to remove the rear side and indicator unit and the manual seems to suggest that the rear bumper be removed :scare: . Is this right and by the way would this be the required to change lamps or can this be done in situ somehow?

I’ve removed the boot inners and cant see the back of the light unit suggesting the manual is right

Dicky

It doesn't have to come right off but you are certainly going to have to ease if off by 3 or 4 inches IIRC :thumbs:

Dicky

BUGGER!!! thanks for your help :thumbs:

If you are just changing the bulbs in future, they can be accessed by removing the tail light units and reaching down through the gap. Removing the indicator units requires the bumper taking off to a degree. It's not too difficult, just one plastic bolt on each side under the tail lights which has to be turned can be a bit of a pain, the access is awkward. I messed about with one side for ages, the other side I had no problem. The rest of it is easy.

Dicky

Yes Graham helped me fit mine and from memory it was definitely only 3/4 inches ;)

If you are just changing the bulbs in future, they can be accessed by removing the tail light units and reaching down through the gap. Removing the indicator units requires the bumper taking off to a degree. It's not too difficult, just one plastic bolt on each side under the tail lights which has to be turned can be a bit of a pain, the access is awkward. I messed about with one side for ages, the other side I had no problem. The rest of it is easy.

+1 if its just bulbs then just simply undo the screws that hold the rear light in place, remove read light and you now have access