difference between 2002 350z and 2003 350z onwards

caizhimin

I am planning to change my exhuast system for my 2002 350z which i juz bought, i had been looking on ebay and google for that system, but mostly its was for 2003+ 350z. i had been looking at the NISSAN 350Z & INFINTY G35 EXHAUST SYSTEM, may i know whether will in fit on my car, as on the web it say its for 2003-.

Welcome along, you found the right sub forum to post in so you should have a read through - plenty of material in there to keep you busy for days on end. As a rule, dont buy anything unbranded off ebay like that, it will be crap, it wont fit and will generally be a nightmare. Look through the traders on here and they will sort you out a recommended exhaust, try :pmtarmac: who can give you lots of advice on the exhaust front :thumbs:

I would 2nd that. i just bought an exhaust off tarmac after months of picking and chosing. sure he wouldn't mind answering youre questions.

This is a quote off another formum that pretty much sums up most (not all) of your choices:

"Every HKS I've ever seen has been beautifully thoroughly put together and finished.

Mind you, the 5Zigen's had a lot of plaudits too, but, as Tim says, they have gone a bit quiet of late. Worth a look though.

Motordyne know their way round a Zed very well too.

Milltek are popular.

Gemini are good."

"I love the rawness that the 5zigen and Motordyne generate, or seem to. The Miltek and the Invidia Gemini seem the most muted and the HKS sits somewhere in the middle, only going off the clips tho."

People seem to like the scoprion system too

As Coldel said stay away from the unbranded stuff. bad quality metals that erode quickly, porrer quality of welds. Also, as most of them are replicas they will not have had the Propper R&D put into increasing HP and having a nice engine note.

I would also avoid japspeed, especially the K1. They are very loud (not a nice loud) and drony. They seem to come up for sale a lot which suggests that people tire of them VERY quickly.

Make sure you are familliar with the different parts of the OEM exhaust as well. you might think you are getting a good deal with a system, then find that it is Y-pipe back. but there is plenty of info on the exhaus forum about that.

Also remember that you're induction system and Cats, (whether they be stock, Hi-flow cats (HFCs) or decats/test-pipes) make a lot of difference to the sound aswell.

good luck chosing and Dont rush into it!! :thumbs:

Chris

I am planning to change my exhuast system for my 2002 350z which i juz bought, i had been looking on ebay and google for that system, but mostly its was for 2003+ 350z. i had been looking at the NISSAN 350Z & INFINTY G35 EXHAUST SYSTEM, may i know whether will in fit on my car, as on the web it say its for 2003-.

The 350Z was only available here officially from 2003, which is why that's what all the ads say. Yours is an early JDM import, but it's identical to the 2003 cars so any exhaust that fits a 2003 will fit your car :thumbs:

Got a link to the ad?

The Gemini with Berks sounds :cloud9: there is a recent post on that.

Otherwise a popular combo is Stillen Y pipe with Scorpion exhaust which will set you back about £600.

If you are on a budget and want something used there is a DC Sports one kicking around on ebay at the moment.

The Gemini with Berks sounds :cloud9: there is a recent post on that.

Otherwise a popular combo is Stillen Y pipe with Scorpion exhaust which will set you back about £600.

If you are on a budget and want something used there is a DC Sports one kicking around on ebay at the moment.

My Gemini is getting fitted on Thursday. im so excited. it got delivered to my workshop and i have had to put it at the back behind a load of pallets so i don't keep catching a glance of it :lol: don't have Berks fitted but the long term plan is to get them installd and an Uprev at the same time.

I will try and persuade my brother to lend me his HD compact camera and get some before / after vids.