RTCustomZ – 06 conversion kit

Dicky

So how do we know it works in the same way as the 2006 air box? I was going to enquire about buying one but was hoping someone can vouch for it before I do. :thumbs:

because they are identical down to a very tight tolerance.

So the only differance between the pre and post air boxes is the tube? :wacko:

So how do we know it works in the same way as the 2006 air box? I was going to enquire about buying one but was hoping someone can vouch for it before I do. :thumbs:

It's a velocity stack, the larger velocity stack results in less turbulent airflow between the box and the intake tube, and (speaking generally) less turbulence means better efficiency.

DB

i believe Abbey motorsport are currently testing one. i believe they ran one when doing a 95 ron petrol remap and the results at the moment apparently showed a smoother throttle responce.

Abbey want to try it on a car with a full remap on normal fuel to check the differences properly.

as soon as i know the full facts i will post them up.

Exactly that " The tube"

It's a velocity stack, the larger velocity stack results in less turbulent airflow between the box and the intake tube, and (speaking generally) less turbulence means better efficiency.

DB

Wot he just said +1 :lol::lol::lol:

i believe Abbey motorsport are currently testing one. i believe they ran one when doing a 95 ron petrol remap and the results at the moment apparently showed a smoother throttle responce.

Abbey want to try it on a car with a full remap on normal fuel to check the differences properly.

as soon as i know the full facts i will post them up.

:thumbs:

Just remembered I had one of these knocking about :doh:

Put the new stack in last night and left it to cure overnight, I will swap it over for my Pop charger this afternoon and be interesting to see if it makes much of a difference.

I'd put money on it will feel a fair bet more lively with the the pop-charger removed let alone with the VS too ;)

I took my VS airbox out and put in a Stillen filter and to be honest noticed no difference at all...then again I am no expert maybe there is 0.5% difference but its not something that made me gasp and switch them back again :shrug:

...and Stillen sounds sweet :thumbs:

people forget with the 350Z that air filters have very little effect on performance, and to be honest thats the same with most mods.

the difference between the worst and best performing filtration method is no more than about 7 bhp. and the only way you would notice that is on a graph on a dyno. the only mod that will make the car really feel any difference in performance is a remap.

and this is what this mod is designed for. its for people looking to make the absolute top numbers when they have a remap. and if getting the top bhp number is important then this is the only way according to abbey motorsport; who reccommend the 06+ airbox as the best option for highest numbers.

but in real term feeling i think the only thing people will notice is that the VS will give smoother throttle responce. your not going to suddenly get a huge kick in the back.

I understand it is a small component that helps towards a bigger goal (ie plenum, HFCs, VS etc) of getting max HPs - but with regards to chris's post about swapping back the Pop Charger for the standard box + VS if thats all you have then I think the great sound is better than the marginal throttle response increase - especially if you have a D1 Spec attached?

When you realise that a turbo diesel gets about 30% increase in power from a remap which costs about the same as the Zeds it makes you wonder what you should focus your energies on - me, im going for noise and look over power :thumbs:

i personally have never been a number chaser, when i had my zed i went for sound and good engineering principals. but there was a large demand for people who wanted post 06+ airboxes; but they were not easy to come by and fetched a premium when they did come up.

this mod was designed to offer people an option as close to the 06+ box as possible while also keeping costs sensible. people have 5 options really when it comes to their air intake:

1. leave it alone and keep it completely standard

2. fit the Velocity stack mod to their DE box

3. buy a post 06+ air box

4. go for noise and put an aftermarket CAI on

5. sod chasing 1 or 2 ponies and go buy an FI setup and get decent BHP numbers

what i would say is that the VS mod on its on will make marginal difference. add in a decent panel filter and get it remapped and then your looking at better setup.

i can provide Apexi panel filters for people i have 3 left and was looking at doing a discount for xmas on them, but if people are interested i can bring that forward.

there are also other filter options but just make sure you don't sacrifice filtration to gain air flow.