Robbed at gunpoint but Admiral refuses to pay

Adrian@TORQEN

It didn't say she drove to work, just that she had her car keys in her bag.

Rather bizarre Admiral claiming that she was followed home that night, more likely she had some address ID in her bag and they simply went and stole the car based on that I would have thought.

Either way, usual coorporate bullying that you have to come to expect.

Thats really bad, but i can see their point to some degree. If she knew her car keys had been nicked then maybe she should have done something to stop anyone nicking the car.

I know if i someone nicked my car keys id make sure that id use the spare keys to park my car someone else until i could change the locks.

On a similar vein, a friend of mine once had their car stolen and had a spare set of house keys in it and a letter with his address on it. Burglers simply drove around to his house and used his own keys to rob the house. So I am now extremely careful that I dont leave my keys or anything with my address on it in the car.

Thats really bad, but i can see their point to some degree. If she knew her car keys had been nicked then maybe she should have done something to stop anyone nicking the car.

I know if i someone nicked my car keys id make sure that id use the spare keys to park my car someone else until i could change the locks.

On a similar vein, a friend of mine once had their car stolen and had a spare set of house keys in it and a letter with his address on it. Burglers simply drove around to his house and used his own keys to rob the house. So I am now extremely careful that I dont leave my keys or anything with my address on it in the car.

that goes for not putting your house as "home" in the satnav - you know where you live - just put your town perhaps ?

The Daily Mail has some uses then:

Once Money Mail contacted Admiral, it made a U-turn and swiftly agreed to settle the claim.

A spokesman for Admiral, which has 2.8million customers under its Admiral, Elephant and Diamond & Bell brands, says: ‘We are sincerely sorry Ms Buckler’s traumatic experience has been compounded by the way in which her claim has been handled.

‘I can confirm we will be paying Ms Buckler for her claim and, by way of apology, we will be waiving the excess of £250 and offering her £500 compensation

The Daily Mail has some uses then:

Once Money Mail contacted Admiral, it made a U-turn and swiftly agreed to settle the claim.

A spokesman for Admiral, which has 2.8million customers under its Admiral, Elephant and Diamond & Bell brands, says: ‘We are sincerely sorry Ms Buckler’s traumatic experience has been compounded by the way in which her claim has been handled.

‘I can confirm we will be paying Ms Buckler for her claim and, by way of apology, we will be waiving the excess of £250 and offering her £500 compensation

So she did okay out of it. They gave her 750quid more than her 2grand car was worth effectively! :thumbs:

that goes for not putting your house as "home" in the satnav - you know where you live - just put your town perhaps ?

I always put the major junction as strangely enough I can remember where my own house is :wacko:

Surely someone somewhere in the organisation must have realised that being held up at gunpoint may possibly have caused some distress :surrender:

Usual story, Insurers are quick enough to take your money but will use every trick in the book to get out of paying.

You could be forgiven for thinking the people they employ at the coalface to deal with claims were on commission for every one they rejected.

Yes there are lot of bad/false claims but having experienced a slammed door recently you do wonder :dry:

Internal flight in OZ delayed, so that connecting International flight to Singapore would be missed. Advised by the airline to use another carrier so we not miss the connection. Worked fine having paid for the other carriers tickets.

Claimed on the travel insurance - wouldn't re-imburse - said it was our choice to buy other tickets - could not get it through their thick skulls that had we not taken the pre-emptive action we would have been making an even bigger claim for overnight accommodation and far more expensive tickets for the international flights that under the terms of the policy they would have had no option but to pay out.

On querying the rejected claim - was totally blanked. Got hold of the details of the MD of the insuring company and within 5 days had the attached. No compensation offered but then that is not in my culture anyway, just wanted fairness.