May have a problem with Zed....

karl922

Hi everyone,

Ive just got back from a 6 month tour of Afghanistan, during my RnR my slave cylinder went so i ordered a new clutch kit and Fidanza flywheel (thanks ZMANALEX) while everything was out. It was then fitted while i went back off to Afghan, now ive came back i checked the car for oil and fluids etc and everything seemed fine.

The main problem i seem to be having is when accelerating upto the 7500 rev limit (313hp car) and it gets to around 7000rpm it has a little fit (like bouncing around) and doesnt go past and onwards to 7500rpm it just feels like its hit the limiter at 7000rpm. Now i dont hit the limit very often but it just seems a little weird, it also does this when in neutral.

Also i would have though 6 months of not driving it and getting a lightened fly it would blow me away like it did when i first bought it, but to be honest it doesnt feel as quick or lively as i was expecting it to be.

Hope my writing doesnt confuse you.

Cheers

Yeah thats what i was thinking, maybe i am hitting the limiter and not knowing it......

Alex, ill take it back to that garage and get them to have a look, hopefully they will know what to do ha.

Car does rev nice and quickly now though and hardly any chatter, so thanks again Alex.

Took the car back to the garage who fitted everything, as the engine management light and TC light all came on. They ran a quick test and it came up as Camshaft sensor (or something) but reset it as they said there wasnt a problem or fault.

Problem is the car still doesnt redline and just feels a little slugish... im out of ideas guys, any sugestions?

Cheers

• 4 months later...