standard backbox

TheGrinch

The backbox on my car is blowing in the usual place. Can someone suggest a place to get a fairly priced unit or an aftermarket unit that sounds pretty similar. Dont want a loud exhaust as its a roadster and I do not want intrusive cabin noise. Not interested in turning heads in the street with a meaty unit either.

A mention of cost would be welcome also. My budget is "dont want to spend more than necessary"

Thanks in advance.

The cheapest and best exhaust replacement of you want to go SS is the Scorpion. Have a search on here.

It should cost less than 400 notes and the sound isn't lary, but a huge improvement on stock. In fact IMO it's what the stock exhaust should have sounded like :thumbs:

Id want to have a ride in a roadster with a scorpian fitted before buying one tho. The roadsters really have very little or no sound deadning in the roof - if someone is standing next to the car whispering you can hear every word inside it. My K1 exhaust is a killer in my roadster, but a lot of people have said on the coupe`s they find them okay.

Standard Backbox, reasonable condition ( IMHO) see pic of the ends as well as the overview

It's done about 30k miles (when I swapped it for Stainless K2)

£45 plus shipping - say £60 all in - unless you're within about 40 miles of Hyde (Gtr Manchester) and I'll deliver it to you - or we could meet up somewhere within this radius if you prefer

post-5330-135011914317_thumb.jpgpost-5330-135011914328_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Grinch. I don't know if you're sorted yet but i have just had a SS scorpion back box and link pipe fitted to my roadster and can definately say that the cabin noise is no more intrusive to the standard system in my opinion. It was something i was worried about but needn't have been. I have only done a couple of hundred miles with it on so far so i can't wait until its settled in. All i can say is, for the price, the quality and fit is amazing but London Road Garage in Coalville, Leicestershire did mine and those guys take alot of pride in their work and i would recommend them to anyone. They do all the work on my cars that i can't do at home and can really be trusted with your pride and joy.

As a result of the Scorpion being fitted, i now have the original back box and adjoining link pipe for sale if you are interested. Its still solid and has no repairs.

RXS