Anyone played F1 2011 yet?

marzman

I dont play racing games that often anymore as i dont usually have the time to devote to them, but seeing as EA have ruined Fifa 12 i need to find a new game to play at night.

So, the adverts for F1 2011 have tempted me this year so i've just rented it tonight, and up to now im well impressed!!

I've only done Friday practice at Melbourne in my first Grand Prix so far, but it seems really good! It's not arcadey/easy like most racing games, it seems very realistic!

You even have buttons for Kers and DRS... but deploying them is difficult as i dont want to move my hands on the controller as im concentrating so much :lol:

...looking forward to my first race!

The defending... it's DREADFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so gutted :lol::rant:

The attacking play is great and much more realistic, but having to time your tackles to perfection is crap. And i hate the invisible walls stopping your defender get to close to the attacker when closing them down. In Fifa 11 i get most frustrated when i cant get the ball as it's unrealistic, and now the entire game is like this. Hate it.

...and i thought i was saved when i found the legacy defending option but thats only for use in single player, and the only mode i play at all is online ranked matches. :thumbdown: