Error Code today P1283

rabster

Hey everyone was driving to work today in 6th gear cruise control on 70mph ish :dance: when i got an eml light come pulled over checked the code on Centrafuse P1283 quick Google showed up in the states as forced induction error so reset code and turned car off left it 20min then started car up continued my journey hasn't come back on what may have caused this ?

have done no work under the bonnet other than what was on the car when i got it

Plenum spacer and JWT intake

Is this just a sensor glitch or should i be more worried its not remapped etc but have just had a new alarm fitted....

P1283 NISSAN - Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor 1 Lean Shift Monitoring Bank 2

sounds like the front lambda on bank 2 has had a fault, you maybe luckily and reset it and it wont come back on. Another good idea is to swap the front lambda'a over from bank 1 to bank 2 and vice versa. This sometimes sorts the problem out.

I doubt the plenum spacer/air filter will be the cause.

Mark

• 7 months later...

Ok so sorry to bump an old thread it went away for a while and now it's come back there is no pattern to it I can drive the car hard and get nothing I drive it soft for max mpg and nothing then all of a sudden it does it only does it once a trip after a reset it don't come back

So sounds like a intermitent faulty sensor as above so will swap from bank one to bank 2 and go from there