Accord Type R wheels - will they fit?

PickledSushi

After a bit of advice on possible winter wheels

I've been offered a set of Accord Type R wheels which I was thinking I could maybe wrap in winter rubber for when the snow starts. Stud pattern is the same as the zed and size is 7J x 17 with offset of +55mm. OE tyre width is 215 but I was thinking of running a slightly wider tyre (225) for the rears

Any thoughts if they are likely to clear the brembos or if this is a bad idea given the higher offset and alloys being all the same width front and back etc.? I get confused when it comes to wheel offsets :wacko: would the higher offset mean the wheel would stick out more than the Rays?

Obviously wouldn't be planning on doing any spirited driving with these on but don't want to bugger my wheel bearings or anything like that!

Clearance might be an issue. The wheels will stick IN more than rays.

Unless the wheels are free I'd look out for JDM 17s or stock 18s. They are cheap. ZMANALEX is not too far and often has wheels available. You could ask him.

Clearance might be an issue. The wheels will stick IN more than rays.

Unless the wheels are free I'd look out for JDM 17s or stock 18s. They are cheap. ZMANALEX is not too far and often has wheels available. You could ask him.

If they would stick IN more then will most likely catch the brembos, not to mention look pretty naff! - the Rays stick IN enough as it is :lol:

Think I'll give them a miss and keep an eye out for some JDM 17s or get a shed for the winter - thanks :thumbs: