MP3 To Bose

TheGrinch

Im not aware of anything which can do this. With some other makes of cars which have multichangers in the boot you can get a box which plugs into the multichanger socket and does this. But with the bose, the cd changer is all built inside it.

You can do the ipod hack which is detailed on here, but just use a 3.5mm jack plug lead. Thats what ive done then you can plug any phone / mp3 player or anything basically into it. It will all play fine through the bose, but you will not be able to control the mp3 player via the bose system.

Is the sound quality not poor with the 3.5 mm jack?

It never seems to work for me but other people have said they think its OK.

No, its spot on. Not sure how you would get it any better to be honest. Guess it may depend on the quality of the mp3 player you are using and the bitrate of the mp3`s themselves, but my galaxy s2 phone, through 3.5mm jack into my bose sounds incredible. Actually sounds better than the radio and my CD`s in the multichanger.

Prior to using the 3.5mm lead I used an iPod lead and pluged my old ipod into it and the quality was no where near as good.

Well, its a "cheap as chips" thing to try. If you guys think its worth the time effort I will give it a roll!

Yep, it is a cheap mod. You just need a 3.5mm to L & R Phono lead, which you can get for £2.99. One thing to check is some leads whilst they look thick and chunky are mainly just the rubber casing with very little wire inside.