deactivating my cat

nixy

Thats really clever! Its a cats natural reaction, it thinks its mummy is picking it up by the scruff of its neck!

My cat wont let me get anywhere near his neck mind you. Im sure the guys at work think im into self harm with some of the scratches and scars all over my hands / arms from playing with the cat.

I feel your pain, got a nice claw mark across my hand this morning!!

Bull dog clip and a set of welding gaultlets should do the trick!!

Thick leather gardening gloves work too. ;)

Wow, I can imagine eye drops being fun and games!! :boxing:

I struggle with tablets, if you don't get it right, he spits them out an trying to open him mouth isn't easy!! :blush:

When you do manage to prise it's mouth open, blown down it's nose, and it will shallow, thusly ingesting said tablets.

With pills, if you gently squeeze each side of its jaw it will open its mouth. Pop pill in, hold his mouth closed, then gently rub his throat. Cat will swallow. Trick my vet taught me!

Also cats love peanut butter apparently, so some people recommend coating the pill with that and the cat will just gulp it down - havent tried that one myself though.

So - tried this last night again with a better bulldog clip. Didn't have much time as was late back from the theatre. However.....i tried it on the bonkers cat and was sure she would flip out. She didn't mind it at all once it was on and just stood there quietly. When i let go of her she still just stood there! When I took it off she didn't run off, she was absolutely fine and not at all cross with me. I'm going to use that method in future when I want to give them wormers etc.

So - tried this last night again with a better bulldog clip. Didn't have much time as was late back from the theatre. However.....i tried it on the bonkers cat and was sure she would flip out. She didn't mind it at all once it was on and just stood there quietly. When i let go of her she still just stood there! When I took it off she didn't run off, she was absolutely fine and not at all cross with me. I'm going to use that method in future when I want to give them wormers etc.

Result! :thumbs:

The cat I had growing up (had her 18 years from age 5) was a total mentaist with everyone apart from me. Anyway, we used to put stuff in dairylea or pate for her. Job done! Peanut butter would work too although I haven't tried my kitten on that yet.... he did however eat a good chuck of boiled new potato last night...

I made a right balls up. Got some pills for the cats today that cost a tenner. They go berserk for tinned tuna so I crushed them and put them in that. Normally 3 massive gulps and it would be gone. Er no - looked at it, looked at me as if to say 'yeah right' and then went out the cat flap! £10 down the drain - knew I should have bulldog clipped the little buggers! :lol: