Battlefield 3 on PS3

coldel

Ultimately I think I would prefer a super server with everyone across all the consoles and the PC, and then, once and for all, we can settle the argument about what is the best control method for FPS. I really has to be Mouse and Keyboard. You just cant get the same responsiveness and accuracy with a joypad.

Forced to choose between the XBOX and PS3 controller though, it has to be XBOX all the way!

If Sony had their sh*t in one sock like Microsoft do with their online content, their machine would rule (far more powerfull), but as it stands, XBOX is still out there!

That said..............Mr Nathan Drake is gonna have 40 quid thrown his way next month! Damn you sony and naughty dog!!

I don't think there is any argument to be had about what the best control method is, it has been proven that mouse and keyboard is quicker, more accurate etc. But I don't think game playing is about that is it? If you went into an arcade the machines are set up so you hold a gun if shooting stuff, or you sit in a seat and hold a steering wheel if driving stuff, you don't have a mouse and keyboard. Personally I prefer the experience compared to the accuracy/response thing, so when I pull a trigger on a joypad to shoot something it 'feels' better than clicking a mouse button which ten minutes before I was using to highlight cells A1 to D6 in a spreadsheet. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately I think I would prefer a super server with everyone across all the consoles and the PC, and then, once and for all, we can settle the argument about what is the best control method for FPS. I really has to be Mouse and Keyboard. You just cant get the same responsiveness and accuracy with a joypad.

Forced to choose between the XBOX and PS3 controller though, it has to be XBOX all the way!

If Sony had their sh*t in one sock like Microsoft do with their online content, their machine would rule (far more powerfull), but as it stands, XBOX is still out there!

That said..............Mr Nathan Drake is gonna have 40 quid thrown his way next month! Damn you sony and naughty dog!!

I don't think there is any argument to be had about what the best control method is, it has been proven that mouse and keyboard is quicker, more accurate etc. But I don't think game playing is about that is it? If you went into an arcade the machines are set up so you hold a gun if shooting stuff, or you sit in a seat and hold a steering wheel if driving stuff, you don't have a mouse and keyboard. Personally I prefer the experience compared to the accuracy/response thing, so when I pull a trigger on a joypad to shoot something it 'feels' better than clicking a mouse button which ten minutes before I was using to highlight cells A1 to D6 in a spreadsheet. ;)

Exactly.

Mouse and keyboard doesn't feel anything like the movement of someone with a gun :lol:

Never mind what it looks like on PS3 i have just seen it on a high end pc :surrender:B) I am going out tomorrow to get a copy :teeth:

hopefully my pc copy should be here on friday ( was posted on monday) from play.com

can't wait :yahoo:

my rig should be able to play it on pretty high settings after the failing that was cackops :boxing:

at least u know when u do get on they have fixed some of the bugs :blush:

years ago play.com used to be quick at delivery but now :thumbdown:

if it's not here 2moro then i might go to tesco's and get the pc version from there instead and flog the play one on fleabay or here.

That really does suck, not great buying a game and ot being able to play it.

Hired bf3 from blockbusters for the xbox to try it out and have to say totally loveit, i can see it sucking away a lot of time. However i do feel the maps are rather large for the player cap on consoles. The pc version can support 64 players and looks far better. I think its time to upgrade the pc :teeth:

Downloaded the update overnight...took ages for my account to sign in...loaded up the game...get this message 'Cannot connect to EA online' :angry:

Don't really understand wht's going on there, think you need to check your connection...

My update took about 3 minutes, and i've played about 8 hours online without a single problem :console: