The great MMS Picture message scam...........

manphibian

This is really winding me up.....

Ever since they were developed, MMS picture messages on my contracts have been deducted from my text allowance, using 2 or more recently, 4 messages, which was fine.

I absolutely love sending picture messages, as you can see from my stupid face and fly threads... that's kinda my thing. I usually send pics to about 5 or 6 mates at a time, most days.

But now you just cannot get a contract with them included in any way :rant: They cost between 25 and 31p each, which is an absolute **** take imo....

I WANT MY PICTURE MESSAGES BACK!!!!!!!! :angry:

Nothing is quite the same as an instant picture to everybody..

One of my mates even has an old Samsung clamshell that doesn't even have internet facilities :scare: lol

I've installed Whatsapp, cheers looks good. At least i can get them to the Android boys for free now :thumbs:

Nothing is quite the same as an instant picture to everybody..

One of my mates even has an old Samsung clamshell that doesn't even have internet facilities :scare: lol

I've installed Whatsapp, cheers looks good. At least i can get them to the Android boys for free now :thumbs:

Whatsapp is the way forward. I've been using it for well over a year now as my primary communication method. I hardly use my text allowance now as most of my friends, family and colleagues use this.

In some respect it's better than texting as it also shows you when the recipient received it (you know if they have ignored you :lol:). If their phone is switched off, it will show as undelivered. Much better than a text message delivery report!

You can send images, recordings and an array of other media. Those of you who have controlling wives, DO NOT tell them about Whatsapp as it now has a feature where you can send the recipient your current precise location (on a map and as a coordinate). If you're having an affair, she'll soon find out! :lol:

+1 for What'sApp ...

I have an iPhone for work (which I HATE) but I have a PROPER phone for personal use... i.e. an Android phone... and I use WhatsApp on both.

Quality app! :#1:

+ 1 - Android all the way!!!

Whatsapp costs 59p on iPhones but it's FREE on Andriods ;)

+1 for What'sApp ...

I have an iPhone for work (which I HATE) but I have a PROPER phone for personal use... i.e. an Android phone... and I use WhatsApp on both.

Nah, it was free.

+1 for What'sApp ...

Nah, it was free.

Really? They stopped charging for it now?

When I had my iPhone, I had to pay 59p for Whatsapp. When I bought my HTC Sensation, I was thinking I would have to folk out another 59p but when I went to purchase it, it was free!! :yahoo:

I use whatsapp all the time on my android! It is the nuts for sending non compressed files / pics :thumbs:

Yep, I find that feature extremely convenient. The recipient receives it almost instantly too!

I reckon in the future Whatsapp will become an 'built-in' feature on all/most mobile phones (Android and iPhone at least), just like how Facebook, Twitter and Youtube have recently become 'built-in' features.

The only reason mobile phone manufacturers may not be able to install Whatsapp as a 'built-in' feature is because network operators may object to the idea, as their text service will become unpopular with their current or potential customers due to the costs related to a 'high text' tariff. Everyone will just get a low text tariff due to having a substitute (Whatsapp), this will cause reduced revenues for network operators causing a conflict of interest between them and mobile phone manufacturers.

Does anyone remember when the iphones were unable to send MMS`s? Then Apple added it as a "feature" for (i think) the 3gs?! When all other phones had been able to send MMS for years!

Another +1 for whatsapp for me, very handy app, Available on iphone, android and blackberry, so that pretty much covers all my mates.