Grinding/Whering noise

elfman

Hi all,

I've had the usual knocking sounds for a few months now on my front drivers suspension, changed the droplinks and compression arm bushes. but They will hopfully be getting sorted when I get time to get a chassis ear on the car.

Anyway, I don’t think the next noise is related but it could be. Whne I’m doing motor way driving (in general) no and again I’ll get a kind of whering noise, kinda something is grinding a little, change direction and it’ll go, now only thing I could think that would be is the wheel bearing?

Any advice? Getting a tad sick of repairing it now hahaha!

Hi all,

I've had the usual knocking sounds for a few months now on my front drivers suspension, changed the droplinks and compression arm bushes. but They will hopfully be getting sorted when I get time to get a chassis ear on the car.

Anyway, I don’t think the next noise is related but it could be. Whne I’m doing motor way driving (in general) no and again I’ll get a kind of whering noise, kinda something is grinding a little, change direction and it’ll go, now only thing I could think that would be is the wheel bearing?

Any advice? Getting a tad sick of repairing it now hahaha!

Could well be a wheel bearing mate, especially if the tone changes when you apply or remove load.

Get it jacked up and check for play and noise form the hubs.

Alex. :)

Does the zed have like a dust guard behind the brake discs? On some of my cars ive had the same problem and its been the dust guard catching the disc - or some rust caught between the 2. Simply bending the guard away slightly fixed the problem.

Good point :thumbs:

Well worth checking :thumbs:

how much would a replacement be alex, and is it easy to change?

Very easy to swop out if you are handy with the spanners mate.

Here you go :thumbs:

Link to my 6 page sub forum: viewforum.php?f=157

Link to front hub: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=29441

Link to rear hub: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=28625

All in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Drop me a pm if I can help you further mate:thumbs:

Alex :)