Nismo 19" LMGT4 - brand new - $2000

Or if you're lucky enough to have family over there, get them to buy them and ship them as a present with no declared value.

Alternatively, I used to order a lot of stuff from HK, and the guys there were more than happy to just plain lie about how much stuff was worth on the invoice to avoid you paying tax. But this was stuff that Mr HMRC wouldn't have a clue about the value of, not sure you'd convince them you'd paid £50 for some alloys.

DB

Doing the sums correctly which understandably not many people seem to understand when buying from outside Europe it goes a little bit like this :

Wheels $2000 current exchange rate equates to approx £1290

Shipping est £200 which takes you too £1490, do you want to insure ? of course ... add £30

your now at £1520

Hello Customs :wave: ( Thanks mr Customs man, you charge Vat on the product, shipping and insurance, how kind ) :wacko:

1520 + vat

We are now at £1824

Duty approx £40

We are now at £1864 :wacko:

Carrier handling fee £10 - £20

Lets call it £1875 Still a great deal as most sell for $3000

I don't know much but I do have a bit of knowledge in this area.... Under estimate Mr Customs man at your Peril is all I will say.

The whole gift thing has been wised up too now as well, even if its a gift and its value is above something like £40 you still have to pay all the above..

The rules are there for a reason and to keep our economy strong..