DVLA SUCK.........

Zugara

After applying for a RFL refund, and getting the tax disk and V5C declaration, into the post prior to the month end(August), as of today I had heard nothing from DVLA.

I have been expecting 6 months RFL refund......

Called them today, well, just a minute ago, only to be told that they have received the Refund V14 application, but Not the Part of the V5C from the log book.

How strange, they were posted in the same fricking envelope :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

So, DVLA have sent me out a "letter" which i must declare that I am no longer the owner of the Zed, Fair enough, but was told that the refund wouldn't now be six months worth but 5 months refund....

...I am raging with anger, DVLA ARE SH!T..........

So my advice to anyone who has sold their car, any car, and sent off that piece of paper from the V5C log book, to make a follow up phone call within a week to make sure they have received it.

If I could type my real anger on here I would be banned............ :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I would always advocate doing it at the counter at a dvla office. It is a lot more inconvenient, but at least they cant hide behind "we never received it".

It always astounds me the amount of paperwork that is "not received" when communicating with the likes of the DVLA or other large companies.

I would always advocate doing it at the counter at a dvla office. It is a lot more inconvenient, but at least they cant hide behind "we never received it".

It always astounds me the amount of paperwork that is "not received" when communicating with the likes of the DVLA or other large companies.

They'll still probably balls it up! I tried to renew my licence in early July and used the service at the post office where they send it digitally and intstantly to the DVLA (at extra cost too). I finally had a letter from them earlier this month saying although it had been received there was a 'technical' error that prevented them issuing it and that I had to resend with the old fashioned paper form...this was almost two months after I'd attempted it at the PO.

Also still not had the log-book from them from when I purchased my Zed also in early July... :surrender:

S.

I've had similar problems myself, sent my old tax disc off on August 20th, expecting a refund of September to Feb 2012. However just recieved the cheque back yesterday and they have only give me from Oct - Feb refund, as it wasn't processed until early September. The annoying thing is it does state on the Refund application that they go on the postage date... but obviously not in my case.

As it's only case of £20 it seems more fuss than it's worth to chase them on this, though the principle does grate on me knowing how keen they are to take my money off me!