Car died at speed :-/

Southernspeed

Accelerating briskly through 3rd, changed to 4th and it died. I rolled to a halt and tried to restart it. It cranked, fired then , as if running out of fuel, the idle dropped as the misfired then died (about 2 seconds duration)

After re trying several times with the same result I phoned Abbey. Mark suggested I tried a few things including a reset. After the reset (which I ballsed up by not reconnecting the ecu plug properly, sorry about all the phone calls Mark!) it was the same, though seemed to be idling longer each time until it ran ok. I went straight to Abbey though as I'd done a reset there was no codes stored (despite dying a few times after the reset) Mark suggested an air flow sensor as a possible cause which he kindly changed :thumbs: , I've given it some full throttle runs up through the gears on the way home with no problem at all.

Anyone else had this experience? It really felt like fuel related but you could hear the pump prime. I hope it was the air flow meter but I hate it when a fault disappears without me knowing what it was.

are you doubting Abbey? Surely not

No of course not!! But there wasn't any recorded faults so Mark changed the sensor as it seemed most likely cause. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same issue and could throw any light on it.

Abbey didn't look at it as a 'job' this morning, Mark just kindly tried to get me back on the road. If it happens again it'll get booked in for a proper inspection. They're busy boys down there, the Zs were lined up!!