Possible remap......

Karlp

The garage where I take my zed have just got some new remap software/equipment and are awaiting the defination files for my zed as its a jdm, it currently should run at 276 bhp, what sort of increase would I be looking at with a remap? 5-10% increase??

Also are they any disadvantages to a remap, mpg etc

:surrender:

You have been here long enough to know about re-mapping a Zed. Please tell me you at least did some research on re-maps before you decided to let someone near your car.

I can only hope the garage you are talking about are using Uprev. Otherwise.....well, I wouldnt trust them, or anyone for that matter.

if you are remapping the OEM ECU, then pretty much only UpRev is the way forward.

As for power gains (assuming its Uprev you are getting), what supporting mods do you have?

Thanks Lexx (sorry to be a pain again :blush: ) I'll see what software there using.

I did some research on the abbey motorsport section, thinking will need to stick the panel filter back in and take the popcharger out, and also looking at decat's. Mine has stainless steel manifolds would this help in anyway with power gains?

Thanks Lexx (sorry to be a pain again :blush: ) I'll see what software there using.

I did some research on the abbey motorsport section, thinking will need to stick the panel filter back in and take the popcharger out,

If yours is a pre 06 then you might want an RTbiscuit airbox upgrade kit to go with that :p:p

Blatant plug I know --------------- but what can you do! :blush:

There are other systems that can reflash the stock ECU , but these are not set up to allow the car to be dyno tested, log the ecu parameters and remap via live mapping.

The ECU maps are modified of site then with some soldiering to alloow communication the modified map to be uploaded.

I might be biased but I doubt the tuning company will have the infomation the UK UPREV tuners have on your car. Also can the ECU be reflashed back to stock for any insurance/warranty issues.

I think the software will be ECU Live or Bytebit tuning.

Mark