New head unit installation help needed!

bazmcc

Hi guys, I've just bought a new head unit (JVC KW-AVX840) and I have all the relevant cables to hook it up to my BOSE system.

On the BOSE USC loom I bought (ICT 29-674) there are 2 cables coming from one of the white connectors which go nowhere - 1 is black/white and the other blue/white.

Q1. From reading other posts on here I think that I have to join the black/white cable to the black ground cable on the other white connector - is this correct?

Q2. The blue/white cable is to be connected to the "Amp remote turn on from the new radio" - what does this mean?

Q3. On the wiring that came with the head unit, there is a blue/yellow cable with a label marked "Steering wheel remote" - do I need this? I bought the JVC head-unit lead (29-00*) and attached it - does this extra cable need to attach onto here somehow?

Q4. Does the head unit itself need a grounding cable or is the one I mentioned in Q1 sufficient?

As a determined noob, I fancied trying to fit this myself before I have to admit defeat and pay for a professional installation!

Q1 and Q4, Yes the loose black/white wire needs to attach to the black wire on the other white connector. You also need to extend this wire and attach it to an earth on the car.

Q2, The loose blue/white wire thats with the black one needs to connect to the amp remote wire from your new headunit, its normally a blue wire coming our the headunit harness.

Q3, And yes you need to connect the steering wheel remote wire to the JVC patch lead that you brought.

Thanks for your help. I'm still a bit unsure of how the steering wheel remote cable attaches into the JVC unit adapter as the adapter itself attaches into the unit and then into the BOSE loom, which in turn has a separate connector purely for steering wheel controls

Ok, I can see how to attach the black/white ground wire but I'm still unsure of the other parts. I've attached a photo of my wiring all put together

I've also seen another topic on this forum (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31260) which I'm trying to follow too but it seems to tell me something different to do with the blue/white wire

Black/white cable A on the BOSE loom connects to the black ground cable and these are both attached to the chassis using another piece of cable.

Blue/white wire B on the BOSE loom should attach to the amp remote turn on from the new radio. But the remote lead from the new head unit (blue/white) already connects to a plain blue wire on the BOSE loom and runs to the largest of the white connectors on the BOSE loom.

The loose wire (blue/yellow) from the head unit harness (labelled steering wheel remote) has no obvious place to go. The white block connector at the top centre of the photo is apparently for the steering wheel controls (according to the other topic linked above - marked F in that topic's photo). In that topic's guide, the loose wire from the head unit connects straight to my loose blue/white cable, but I'm not sure I follow the logic for that, given that one is for steering wheel remote and one is for the amp remote turn on...

I also have a brown wire from the head unit harness which the instructions tell me is to the mobile phone system (tel muting) but there's nothing connected to the other side of the connector on the BOSE loom for it - any ideas on this too?