Tyre pressure readings on trip computer

Lum

As far as i'm aware this was a feature on US market Zeds only however..... while installing my new headunit the other week i had the heater controls disconnected & also the white box that sits behind them disconnected.

I decided to try the stereo briefly before putting everything back together, when i turned the ignition on the trip computer cycled through as normal but displayed no readings for anything, i assume this is due to the white box being disconnected?

But it did gain a new feature and displayed the tyre pressure function in this format

Left Right

F--- F----

R--- R----

Foolishly i didnt think to get a pic & once i reconnected everything the trip computer was back to normal. So it seems the function for tyre pressure is in there, just need some senders in the wheels.

This is all probably useless i just thought it quite interesting...... and i'm bored!

The tyre pressure monitors have another control unit and an aerial then the sensors in all 4 wheels.

I suppose its possible in some small way that the wiring loom for this might be in place. If you could locate it then in theory you could add the extra module and see where it takes you!