Attaching MDF rings to doors....?

slimjim

How am I best attaching my MDF rings to my doors for my new Rainbows?

I can use the three standard bolt holes but I thought I needed to seal it to (all ready painted the rings with wood-glue solution) to the door.

With something like "no-more-nails" or something?

Will be covering them with sound deadening of course... just at the back of my mind I think I need to seal them down to the door.

Anyone know? :blink:

Cheers... :thumbs:

You could try Mitre mate, sticks like Sh*t to a blanket. (try not to get it on you finger) consists of a spray can and a liquid apply the liquid to one side and spray the other, instant chemical reaction. Carpenters at work use it a lot on kitchen cornice and MDF.

What you can do to save mucking around with the MDF is take the old speaker and cut the middle out of it and it. Then get some of that sticky back foam strips and line the back of the new speaker surround and attach it to the old housing using some cable ties. I know it sounds a bit Blue Peter ish but trust me the results are brilliant. I first did it as a temporary measure as i was gonna build some door pods but ive had it like it for over 2 years and you would never know.

Hi,

Mitre Fix is fine for gluing MDF to MDF but if you want to bond MDF to Metal you need something like Sikaflex or a PU mastic adhesive. This will bond it and resist failure due to vibration. Try Tool Station or Screw Fix.

We use this stuff at work so am talking from experience regarding how to bond it but you will need an i.c.e. expert to advice you as to whether you need to.

Hope this helps a little.