Aug 2011 Summer European tour **Now with pics**

Wasso

Nice trip blog you got going here Ian :thumbs:

Glad you got to Hungary ok.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Ring on Saturday. Spent today a spa and i and fresh and sharp to beat my PB at the Ring so bring extra pants :teeth::teeth:

+1 on the pics and vids

:worthless:

Okay here's the pics..... I won't thread them back into previous posts but add some titles where necessary.

The Hotel - The Blazing Donkey (Sandwich)

DSCF6275.jpg

DSCF6277.jpg

DSCF6279.jpg

Dover

DSCF6284.jpg

Typical temperature in England!! :cold:

DSCF6283.jpg

Our boat for the journey

DSCF6293.jpg

Suzi on board for our journey - right at the front of the boat I may add

DSCF6287.jpg

A nice wet campsite in Koblenz Germany

IMG_5071.jpg

Campsite and some monument of some sort

IMG_5069.jpg

Suzi waiting to stretch her legs on the Autobhan journey to Linz in Austria

IMG_5078.jpg

And of course a second pose...

IMG_5079.jpg

Oooooh is this Racing Fuel...

DSCF6309.jpg

Oh yes 100 octane!!! :yahoo:

DSCF6311.jpg

(Graz - instead of Linz due to the rain!!) My other good half waiting for me to clean the car ready for Hungary

IMG_5082.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

Suzi nice and clean :teeth:

IMG_5086.jpg

IMG_5089.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

So we left Linz in the morning and arrived at my Dad's house in Hungary, and oh yes the weather was far better than anything we had in Europe!!!!!!!!

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg

Dad's drive was shall we say a little tricky for poor Suzi, had to drive over scaffolding boards in which to drive safely up his undulated driveway.

IMG_5135.jpg

BBQ and Drinking area :drunk:

DSCF6339.jpg

Drinking by Jayne and cracking nuts :blush:

DSCF6358.jpg

This is Panda (Pronounced Ponda in Hungary) dads guard dog which was handy to keep Suzi safe!

IMG_5119.jpg

IMG_5117.jpg

My dad and Panda - looks good for 70 eh!!

IMG_5146.jpg

Jayne on the phone to the UK whilst drinking and offering grapes!!!

IMG_5113.jpg

Now! - we have a little problem, dad has insisted that wood is more cost effective over winter and refuses to use gas fires in the winter, so instead he has a whocking great fire burner in the lounge and to fire this great beast needs 3cubic metres of logs.... this lot turned up on the back of truck, I thought 3cubic metres was about half the truck, he only dropped the whole bloody lot!!

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

Jayne and Dad messing around - they could have been working but thought about having some fun first!!

IMG_5147.jpg

Sod it I'll join in!

DSCF6335.jpg

After 2 and half hours the pile is reducing, but by now in 29 degree heat things are shall we say getting a bit warm under the collar!

IMG_5156.jpg

Nicely stacked!

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

That's it get to work boys and girls, I'll just have a break and take some pictures!! :lol:

DSCF6347.jpg

The finished pile of wood!!

IMG_5194.jpg

I never want to see another log EVER again!

IMG_5166.jpg

Where the pile of hell once was!

IMG_5197.jpg

Dads Walnuts from his tree....

IMG_5193.jpg

And the fresh version.... (making use of the Macro)

IMG_5183.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

And to finish with my girl having a relax for a few days before we head back to the UK. Oh and of course a quick stop off at the Nurburgring to meet Bennett and have a few beers :thumbs:

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

More updates to follow... (video to upload when at home). :thumbs:

"Feel the fear and do it any way" Guess Jayne chose that with Nurburgring on the itinerary :lol:

Nice little story with the pics and hey, hoped you sneaked a few logs into the ZED for your BBQ when you get back, which June & I hope to get to BTW, whichever weekend you decide on ;) Sort out details after the Hoon adventures Ian :thumbs: .

Great pics Ian, is Jayne reading that book to prepare for a lap round the 'Ring? ;)

I'm only taking a leisurely trip round the ring this time after finding out that Falken tyres are pants for hot lapping!

Not sure if Jayne will attend a lap this time anyhow.... I think 3 last time were enough :lol:

"Feel the fear and do it any way" Guess Jayne chose that with Nurburgring on the itinerary :lol:

Nice little story with the pics and hey, hoped you sneaked a few logs into the ZED for your BBQ when you get back, which June & I hope to get to BTW, whichever weekend you decide on ;) Sort out details after the Hoon adventures Ian :thumbs: .

Jayne I don't think will back round the ring again, even after the book, although she coped very well on the Autobhan's.

:lol: Colin I don't want to see another log in my entire life, the pain!! Not only that but we are stocking up with Wine for a return journey, especially as their Rose wine is just over £1 a bottle, yet very nice!! :thumbs:

Cool - I will be closing the voting tomorrow for the Brum meet :thumbs:

Okay here's the pics.....

Suzi on board for our journey - right at the front of the boat I may add

:thumbs:

Ian, a quick doube take needed, i thought you had put a roof box on :lol: Great road trip so far look forward to more updates :thumbs:

I thought the same when I looked at it.

Will - this morning woken up by a cockerel this morning, had breakfast outside in the sun, going down to the local garage this morning to help dad fix a sparking issue with his car, so we're looking to replace coilpack and ht leads.

Later we're off to Hevis to Europes largest outdoor spa. (Been loads of times but they do an amazing donna kebab down there with REAL meat!)

The water's and the lake bed's specific composition leads to unique micro organisms, which contribute to the thermal water's healing power, especially good for preventing and treating various types of locomotor's disease. The thermal water is rich in dissolved gas components, such as of carbonate, sulphur, calcium, magnesium and hydrogen carbonate. Complex balneotherapy or drinking cure may favourably affect and heal rheuma, osteoporosis, degenerative spinal/joint diseases, Bechterew syndrome, inflammation diseases of the joint in their chronic phase, tender tissue rheum, secondary diseases of the joints, as well as chronic, peripheral, nervous, and mechanical-related complaints. It may be used for post treatment of injuries and locomotor operations.

heviz_450.jpg

Then this afternoon we're out to Lake Balaton for some evening shots and a few beers by the side of the lake.

Lake Balaton is a freshwater lake in the Transdanubian region of Hungary. It is the largest lake in Central Europe, and one of its foremost tourist destinations. As Hungary is landlocked, it is often affectionately called the "Hungarian Sea". The Zala River provides the largest inflow of water to the lake, and the canalized Sió is the only outflow.

The mountainous region of the northern shore is known both for its historic character and as a major wine region, while the flat southern shore is known for its resort towns. Balatonfüred and Hévíz developed early as resorts for the wealthy, but it wasn't until the late 19th century that landowners, their vines destroyed by lice, began building summer homes to rent out to the burgeoning middle classes.

balatonpanorama.jpg

hungary_7.jpg

Looks like a very nice trip mate,would love to try something like that someday, looks a lovely chilled out kind of place where your dad lives.

Btw that last pic of the jetty is stunning mate. :thumbs:

Hungary is cheap, VERY cheap. We drank at my dads local and for just under £6 we had 6 pints of beer :thumbs:

The food is amazing, for instance the other night I had Venison with cranberry fruit and potatoes. I had 4 massive slices of Venison and all this for £5.50 - the whole meal for the 3 of us, including 2 rounds of drinks was £20.

Oh and the weather is currently 29 degrees B)

The lake with the jetty picture is truly amazing, it's 50 miles long and has various beaches for people to reside during the day and the water is clear and very nice. There are some area's of the lake which are very modern with appartments and marina's.

In winter the whole lake freezes over, it's quite a sight!

Looks like fun :thumbs:

You should have dropped me a PM prior to going, I would have got you bumped up to VIP for free on the ferry crossings.

:lol:

Funny you say that, as I was going to pm you anyway just to make sure I had my facts right with boarding the boat. But to be fair, we sat down, had a bacon butty and a beer (at 8am) and by the time we'd had a chat and looked round we'd arrived.

I'll be for sure doing the same kind of trip again next summer, and will pm you first - cheers :thumbs:

Looking great bud!

Any photo's of the car "packed" ... so we can see how light it is possible to travel?

Saying that, I presume you are stopping in hotels rather than camping?

Lovely pics... I ALSO thought you had stuck a roof box on the blue bullet! :D

Cheers Gents, although to be fair each time I make a Europe trip, this being the 2nd, it just gets better and better. Although today Suzi was unwell..... :blackeye:

Whilst trying to negotiate my dads driveway this morning, she decided that it would be a good idea to bend and create a nice hold in my lambda sensor mount. My father has a double gate to the driveway, and there's a huge great gate stay. So when we arrived we used to scaffolding planks in which to negotiate the uneaven surface and the this gate stay. Well this morning I was not quite in the right position for exiting the driveway and without any warning I'd bent the lambda sensor mount which then split at the joint.

IMG_5372.jpg

IMG_5370.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

As a result of this we called upon our next door neighbour Gaspar. Gaspar has a great garage with all tools and garage pit, so an inspection was required. The damage was not so bad, and Gaspar called his mechanic and said to go straight up to his local garage about 3 miles away.

We got to the garage and found the problem of trying to get into his garage, due to being lowered, skirts and splitter were causing a problem, so slabs of wood were used to usher Suzi to her mechanical inspection place. Once on, the car was not high enough for the lifting arms to be placed under the car because of the skirts, so we had to reverse back, place MORE wood under the car to lift it higher for the arms to reach under. Car was then up in the air, mechanic gas welded the lambda mount back in place and job done.

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

So, anyone care to guess the price? :shrug:

£9

£18

£27

£36

£45

Take your pic and I'll tell ya on Sunday night....

Anyway Suzi is now back right as rain, although I don't think Suzi can cope with the Hungarian roads, a large number of trucks use these roads and create a nice tram line in the road, well I've been scraping my front skirt for the last few days, so I'll be glad for some flat roads!

Off to Nuremburg tomorrow, 7 hour drive, updates will follow..... (don't forget to guess the mechanic bill!)

Clearly I've failed at trying to throw people off the scent, £9 was the correct price!! :angry:

Still the guy spent more time trying to get my car in the garage than on the ramp than actually doing the work required!!

Chris, don't worry we have a Tesco bag full of walnuts FOC..... Christmas is now cheap again :lol:

Well I'm back home, been in 30 minutes and yet just this morning I was at the Nurburgring. It's funny how much distance you can cover in a day.

There's a few recent stories to tell, one bad one funny and general travel stuff.

Suzi is back safe and she's done us proud. We worked out that I've spent just over £600 on fuel :scare: and we consumed 56 pints of beer in 10 days!

Also cheers Bennett for entertaining us with your Wasp ninja moves. Hope you got telephone numbers for the Ausies we met. They seem like a great bunch :thumbs:

Update tomorrow with pics vids and the final chapter :)