Groupon - Supercar Lifestyle track day feedback

Dicky

Be aware if you’ve bought a Groupon voucher for a track day with Supercar Lifestyle at Blyton near Gainsborough that your choice of driving 3 from 11 supercars may well be limited.

I went on Wed and there were only 5 to choose from, a Ferrari 430, M5, Jag XKR, DB9, and TVR Sagaris super sport.

The group I was with complained but had to choose from the above (after a suitable quota of excuses, the Lambo's in the garage and they delivered the wrong brake pads for the Porsche GT3) :angry: .

Mind you I enjoyed the day none the less but left a little disappointed. The Ferrari was outstanding and you certainly drive out of your comfort zone :drive1 . I went around corners way above mine. While your brain screams BRAKE, BRAKE, the instructor's shouting ACCELLERATE.

TheTVR was crap. It looked and sounded brill standing outside, but on the track the noise was extreme and the gearbox crap, I just couldn’t seem the hit the right gear (1st was about the only one I got first time)(might have been the driver though :blush: )

But on the other hand that cant be right cos Im sure I was the best driver on the day :lol:

I'm over Groupon. We used it a fair bit and it's fine until an offer is oversubscribed and you can't book it. There are conspiracy theorists that say some of the offers don't even exist :lol:

Shame becasue the valeting offer we got for £18 is a great deal if we can ever book it!

Hmm - I nearly bought this ... I can never make a choice anyway so the fewer the better :lol:

What did you choose as your third drive?

I would've gone for the M5 and DB9 first :)

Drove the DB9 which was ok but while the Ferrari went round corners on rails the DB9 tyre squeal was pretty loud making it all a bit more intense :scare: . Got to say I would never pay the full price for this day out but at £100 approx (it was a prezzy so not quite sure how much was paid) it was worth it. I had wanted to drive the Porsche GT3 and Lambo :dummy: but I think the Groupon guests get a reduced deal if I’m honest.

Now wish Id gone for the M5 instead of the TVR, ho hum