Cosworth Pistons.

Lexx

Is that set supposed to come with piston rings? I know you can get them seperately.

This is very tempting as I am planning on building an engine in the medium to long term, but don't think i really know enough about what is involved in swapping pistons to commit to this at the moment. for example would you need to rebore the block for these?

DB

Is that set supposed to come with piston rings? I know you can get them seperately.

This is very tempting as I am planning on building an engine in the medium to long term, but don't think i really know enough about what is involved in swapping pistons to commit to this at the moment. for example would you need to rebore the block for these?

DB

With respect mate if you do not know the answers to your own questions and I am guessing you don't or you would not be asking, then a self build is not for you.

The VQ35DE requires specialized knowledge to rebuild these motors properly.

These are 11.0:1 CR pistons and the are +50 oversize.

They are suitable for 96.000/96.020mm bore size.

I do not think that they come with rings as the seller would have said so, however his contact number is in the listing and I am sure that he will clerify if you give him a ring. :thumbs:

Alex :)

DB

With respect mate if you do not know the answers to your own questions and I am guessing you don't or you would not be asking, then a self build is not for you.

I do not think that they come with rings as the seller would have said so, however his contact number is in the listing and I am sure that he will clerify if you give him a ring. :thumbs:

Meow :lol:;)

Sorry Alex, when i said 'I am planning on building an engine' I actually meant 'I am planning on paying someone to build me an engine', lol, and probably not for a while yet either, but thought if they were cheap enough it would be worth getting them now and keeping them in the box for 8 months or so. I'd happily bolt a vortech onto the VQ, but have next to no specific knowledge of the real guts of these engines, so not even going to consider doing any bottom end work myself.

DB

Sorry Alex, when i said 'I am planning on building an engine' I actually meant 'I am planning on paying someone to build me an engine', lol, and probably not for a while yet either, but thought if they were cheap enough it would be worth getting them now and keeping them in the box for 8 months or so. I'd happily bolt a vortech onto the VQ, but have next to no specific knowledge of the real guts of these engines, so not even going to consider doing any bottom end work myself.

DB

Ah! with you now Danny. :thumbs:

You will have to decide what build route you are proposing to go before you will know what size and CR of pistons that you will require.

There are cheaper and better pistons with rings on the market than Cosworth ;)

However these could be a bargain if they fit in with your proposed build, but remember rings are not cheap if they are not included with this package.:thumbs:

Alex. :)

DB

Meow :lol:;)

And your point is :lol::lol::lol:

DB

Ah! with you now Danny. :thumbs:

You will have to decide what build route you are proposing to go before you will know what size and CR of pistons that you will require.

There are cheaper and better pistons with rings on the market than Cosworth ;)

However these could be a bargain if they fit in with your proposed build, but remember rings are not cheap if they are not included with this package.:thumbs:

Alex. :)

On closer inspection, they are the 11.0:1 ones anyway, and I'd really be after the 8.8:1 for my (highly theoretical) FI build, probably should have looked at that first :oops:

DB