FFS!!!

glrnet

I'm going to agree entirely with this man.

I've not voiced any opinions on it publicly. The forum has deteriorated, recently, into many many petty arguments and digs.

It wasn't in good favour and really upset many different people in many ways.

The moderation team need to be back in power and the position and stance they have took is a statement to everyone that the behaviour from anyone will not be tolerated regardless if people are friends in the "real world" and not just online.

as i am mainly a viewer :snack: rather than a poster most people wont know me from jack,

but i have been viewing the forum (daily for the majority of time) for almost two years, and it is a very enjoyable forum to be a member of.. :clap:

as everyone will have one, i thought for a change i would voice my opinion, 'throw in my two pence' as it may be.. :blush:

my opinion is not on the actions of members, or the subsequent suspensions..

the opinion i am going to voice is on the aftermath as a whole... :dry:

the way the Mods and Admin team trialled a new method of handling the aftermath of a ban should not be flamed as the wrong way, it was a different way, so that members could give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM or praise on either the ban or the way it has been handled..

i do not have a problem with anyone on the forum, and would hope there isnt anyone my rare and random outbursts have annoyed..

as a rare occurrence, the ensuing blatant bitterness some members have towards others has really shocked me and the petty arguments that have then came to light is rather embarrassing..

again, sorry.. but had to get this off my chest :blush:

I see it from both sides, I don't think the two in question can argue that this was coming, they are good lads and friends of mine too, obviously they give the team a headache from now and again and maybe this step will show them and others that there are boundaries on here and if you cross them you will get punished.

I took the pee out of them both as I thought it was pretty funny, let's be real and put it into perspective, they are banned for a week from a car forum. I think they maybe able to get on with their lives with no lasting effects from it and come back to the fold and keep on doing what those to geeks do best and offering and sharing their knowledge to other members that may need it.

:thumbs:

I see it from both sides, I don't think the two in question can argue that this was coming, they are good lads and friends of mine too, obviously they give the team a headache from now and again and maybe this step will show them and others that there are boundaries on here and if you cross them you will get punished.

I took the pee out of them both as I thought it was pretty funny, let's be real and put it into perspective, they are banned for a week from a car forum. I think they maybe able to get on with their lives with no lasting effects from it and come back to the fold and keep on doing what those to geeks do best and offering and sharing their knowledge to other members that may need it.

:thumbs:

Well said that man! :thumbs::ninja:

Try to have a sensible discussion and the thread gets locked!!!!!Q! :rant::rant::rant::rant: Treating us like kids does not promote a happy forum :thumbdown::thumbdown: Enjoy Anglesey :wacko:

for the record and your and to answer your out of hand post of a team members bullying tactics. It was me who instigated the actions taken on the two members in question after receiving complaints from members. I posted my thoughts and added a pole on possible actions to be taken. The whole team agreed on the temporary ban.

All actions taken on members are all discussed by the team and no team members has ever banned anyone without us all discussing it beforehand. This is why sometimes it seems that we can be slow to act. Its not the case, we are waiting for all the team members to share there view on the matter in hand.

Perhaps now you can understand how the team operates you should consider your posts about team actions in the future.

if you wish to discuss the matter further then please pm me. Thread locked to try and bring this event to a end.