Antenna Connection Help Please!

evest

Hi all,

I've installed a new HU today - Alpine iDA- x311rr using the various looms required etc...

The power, iPod input, steering wheel controls, sound ect is all okay BUT I couldn't connect the antenna as the antenna connector from the car (the bit you need pliers to remove from the clarion unit, right?) is too big to mate with the antenna receiver jack from the new HU (which I assume is standard size?).

Does anybody know if an adaptor is usually needed to make this connection with new headunits and if so, any idea which one?

Cheers,

Karlp - Sorry no pics, it installed at the mo but will take it out next week and get some pics up.

grlnet - Thanks for the link - I've had a quick look at their adaptors - Could it be that the original fitment is ISO and my new HU is DIN? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

That's the one :thumbs:

Karlp - Sorry no pics, it installed at the mo but will take it out next week and get some pics up.

grlnet - Thanks for the link - I've had a quick look at their adaptors - Could it be that the original fitment is ISO and my new HU is DIN? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

All fitted and everything now working! Thanks to those above who helped me.

Next issue:

As it was a bit quiet I have purchased the line level booster (Autoleads PC9-460) and having some issues connecting it (didn't come with any instructions) Connecting it to the ignition lead off the main loom (red-red) keeps blowing the fuse (3amp). Do I need to put a bigger fuse in there? (is this safe, since it came with 3amp?) or am I connecting it to the wrong wire?

Cheers :)

All fitted and everything now working! Thanks to those above who helped me.

Next issue:

As it was a bit quiet I have purchased the line level booster (Autoleads PC9-460) and having some issues connecting it (didn't come with any instructions) Connecting it to the ignition lead off the main loom (red-red) keeps blowing the fuse (3amp). Do I need to put a bigger fuse in there? (is this safe, since it came with 3amp?) or am I connecting it to the wrong wire?

Cheers :)

Hi mate connect it to your power lead on your HU they might be a spare power cable off it with a plug already in so you just need to stick the auto leads in and crimp it up. :thumbs:

What fuse are people running in the PC9-460 line-booster? It came with a 3amp fuse but according to the 350Z technical manual the power from the ignition goes through a 15 amp fuse - this should explain why the line-booster fuse keep blowing!

Is it okay to simply put a 15amp fuse in the line booster - would this cause any problems?

Cheers,