Heat in drivers footwell

Squee

From searching this forum I think I know the answer but just want a bit of clarification as my Zed's going back to the garage under warranty next week (gear box bearing issue) and if there's another prob with it then want to get it sorted....

Is it normal when flooring the Zed for the drivers footwell to get very hot very quick? It seems that other users say that heat from long journeys is normal but this is a slightly different issue.

Thanks! :thumbs:

S.

Cheers for your replies - thought it was normal but thought I'd better check whilst the Zed's still in warranty and back at the garage on Monday

think you will find the cats are the issue, have they still got the heat shields on them?

I've certainly not mucked about with them - will get Mr Squee to have a dig about and check tomorrow. Don't think the previous owner did many mods though but as I'm still very new to the world of Zeds I'm still very much on a learning curve.

Thanks again,

S.