K1 Exhaust

wackosr

Finally finished fitting my exhaust! :)

Finally after taking the old one off two weeks ago, got the K1 on this weekend.

And it was so good to get her out for a spin.

Old exhaust was a mess and blowing, so I didn't have much choice, other than to replace it.

I must admit, when I had finished I left the bungs out and fired her up, well the noise was good, but once in the car and accelerating, pretty deafening!

So I installed the silencer bungs, doesn't look as good, but sounds great and isn't unberable on longer runs.

With that done RTBiscuits air box mod done, I think I may need to sort out a plenum spacer adn then an uprev!

With the increase in flow through the system is it possible the system is now running rich to compensate?

Also, the left side sits lower than the right, what's the best away to level them out?

:lol: Hahaha, yes I am a wimp!!

Maybe I should stick some ear plugs in the glovebox for when I man up!! :surrender:

And I'm not sure how my neighbours would feel about them being out either!!

Not a bad idea, may have to look into that, guess that's the same kind of paint you'd use on a bbq?

It's a shame they can't be pushed in further too.

Cheers

Jacko

Had one, yes, one of the original ESR ones, loved it on a ragtop but have never actually heard it on a tintop. Considering most of the "It's too loud!" complaints come from the coupe owners, I reckon it really should be labelled up as a convertible-only exhaust.

Had one, yes, one of the original ESR ones, loved it on a ragtop but have never actually heard it on a tintop. Considering most of the "It's too loud!" complaints come from the coupe owners, I reckon it really should be labelled up as a convertible-only exhaust.

Too many old people on here - I always found the K1 too quiet :lol:

Cool.

I'd be inclined to agree with that.

When outside the car it sounded good without the baffles in, but once inside it's very noisy.

I think it must reverberate off the tin roof!!

Also the boot is more open/straight through to the cabin too.

I just hope the bungs don't steal too much power!