Am I "One pipe short of an intake" ... ? :-D

slimjim

OK peeps... been sorting though the stuff I got in my £20 bumper box from eBay :lol:

I have TWO air boxes. One is for one side (possibly the left) of the twin intake engine... and the otehr is the one i nthe picture below.

Also in the box were two rubber pipes. but I think I am at least one pipe short :doh:

AI2.jpg

AI5.jpg

Currently, I run a CAI/pop charger thingy, which I want to replace with the standard airbox then do the RTBiscuit upgrade.

aemcai.png

Can anyone tell me what extra pipe I need... if I need one? :bangin:

You're at least missing the OEM MAF housing. Your current intake doesnt use it, but it holds the MAF and connects airbox to intake tube.

The MAF currentl bolt's right onto the CAI tube, so yes, I think I am missing that bit.

Looks like I need ANOTHER chat to Alex ...

Doesn't the intake box from the HR version have a velocity stack in it that you could use in your standard air box, rather than having to buy the RTBiscuit upgrade?

Nope, the box I have doesn't have the tall OR the small VS in it...

Jim, you have PM, I have all that you require (except the biscuit velocity stack) to sort the mess that you have got your self into. :lol::lol::lol:

The "bargain" that you got off Ebay wont fit your car mate :blush:

Alex. :)

:lol:

Bugger! :doh:

Jim you without a doubt are most definitely 'one pipe short of an intake' :lol:

:thumbs:

Just goes to show, it ISN'T JUST YOU who fecks things up :drunk:

Ebay is such a wonderful place for purchasing crap that doesn't work. I bought an all singing, all dancing rabbit hutch from there last summer........looked awesome on ebay and looked huge - turns out it was about 1/3rd the size of a normal hutch!

Cheers Lexx :thumbs:

Just trying to sort out the mess I am in with Alex :lol:

I think I have a DE box, so I am not ALL wrong.... just MOSTLY wrong. :bangin:

It was £20 on eBay, so I thought I would risk it. No info on the advert, just photo's.