Car suddenly started leaking coolant

rabster

ok so had the car running whilst setting up the car pc and noticed steam from the front drivers corner quickly turned car off and opened bonnet the coolant tank in that corner was bubbling away squirting coolant towards the headlight

Coolant was almost halfway up the bottle it's cooling off now and has dropped to almost empty

Help!!!!

You have failed fan motors.

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=48509

In stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Let your motor cool down totally and when cold top up the radiator and then top up the coolant reservoir bottle to the max mark.

You will not have an over temperature issue when driving as the incoming air to the rad will keep it cool. The fans will only kick in when stationery, or in your case the fans are not kicking in properly.

Give me a shout if your require any further assistance. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

OK just had the AA out good new is no head gasket which would have been worst case scenario

it had a EML light which was indicating over heat cant remember the code number now

the fans are kicking in but the one on the right didnt but when i pushed the blade downwards it jumped into life.....

the car had been sitting on the drive slight incline for just under 1hour when this occurred, have topped up all fluids and checked the system i reckon there is still a bit of air in the system now.

do both fans activate together or is one a secondary or a slave fan ?

oh and the one on the passenger side seems to wobble when rotating so im guessing its not to healthy

The fan motors are your issue as they kick in at different temperatures and work at different speeds and the r/h fan motor is hooked up to the air con.

You require 2 fan motors to fix your problem.

Hey all

Just wondered how many pins are on the fan connectors are they just a 2Pin Fan wiring or do they have multi pin ?

been looking into the fan problem i have here since i have an aluminium rad i was thinking of buying the Mishimoto fan shroud and fans as they are obviously an uprated part and replacement fans are cheaper than nissan should they fail again...

here is the link to it

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=5451

anyone here had experience with them ?

Hey all

Just wondered how many pins are on the fan connectors are they just a 2Pin Fan wiring or do they have multi pin ?

been looking into the fan problem i have here since i have an aluminium rad i was thinking of buying the Mishimoto fan shroud and fans as they are obviously an uprated part and replacement fans are cheaper than nissan should they fail again...

here is the link to it

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=5451

anyone here had experience with them ?

I doubt very much how they can say that this is an upgrade. :wacko:

Also are you sure that the fan shroud and fans come with the motors?

Remember that you only get what you pay for, pay cheap. pay twice.

the item is shipped ready to mount from what i have had in correspondences, as much as i may want to keep standard parts i have no assurance they wont fail if the car is parked up and may end up paying out again within a year maybe less, with these the fans can be purchased and replaced easily it seems and a darn site cheaper than nissan

well ok so thought id change the fans today thought 2 screws it cant be that hard,

well the cowling is bigger than the width of the alloy rad

once the 2 scres were removed it wasnt having any of it so..

off came the intake then i realised the rad hose had to come of to allow the plastic up past the rad so with lots of coolant escaping it still wasnt going to come out by this time i was getting anoyed as i though it was a simple 2 screws the unbolt the fans, dso put it all back together re filled the system and cleaned the car instead

so needless to say the fans have not been changed, i really cant see how this unit just comes up past the top of the rad....