Red Bull engineered cars....

Lexx

Looking forward to see what they come up with. It is great as technology will advance, and we will properly start to see curse on cars, or something similar.

Curse? Is that the Haitian equivalent of KERS? Anyway, don't cars already have similar things to KERS (e.g: Tesla, Prius)?

Sounds like a badge engineering exercise to me more than anything. Stick Red Bull logo on back + stiffen springs by 10% + remap for 10bhp = RBR Special Edition.

Cynical? Moi?!

Got it in one ;):lol:

HaydnH: Yes there is already KERS on normal leccy cars, its how they all work. Interestingly Nissan have developed a similar system where the motor can drive the gearbox which reportedly is already compatible with the one used in the 370z/G37S 7AT transmission. Would allow a true KERS type effect on those cars where it boosts the drive properly to the wheels :drive1

There's a biiiiigggggg difference between a Nissan and an Infiniti tho

You think? I've been in the 370z and G37S and no way the G37S is worth the premium. They are 2 different cars though, G37 is much more laid back, big sofa seats. 370z is more focused and sporty. As far as fit and finish go, although Infiniti is a bit better, I wouldnt say its night and day.

There's a biiiiigggggg difference between a Nissan and an Infiniti tho

You think? I've been in the 370z and G37S and no way the G37S is worth the premium. They are 2 different cars though, G37 is much more laid back, big sofa seats. 370z is more focused and sporty. As far as fit and finish go, although Infiniti is a bit better, I wouldnt say its night and day.

after a full day at inifiniti, The G37S is by far much better quality and the interior is outstanding. Bose speakers in the headrests etc. Wouldnt get that in a good old fashioned datsun

Maybe they updated it since I saw it 2yrs ago, but I honestly didnt think it was that much different. Sure the seats are nice and comfy (too soft though), but the plastics etc didnt strike me as much different. Its the rear hatch area of the 370z that lets it down, dash area is about the same as the G37S. Infact the satnav area is exactly the same unit! The problem I found with the 7AT G37 was that it felt really wallowy and slow to react, amazing difference compared to the same running gear thats in the 370z.

IMG_0041.jpg

Maybe they updated it since I saw it 2yrs ago, but I honestly didnt think it was that much different. Sure the seats are nice and comfy (too soft though), but the plastics etc didnt strike me as much different. Its the rear hatch area of the 370z that lets it down, dash area is about the same as the G37S. Infact the satnav area is exactly the same unit! The problem I found with the 7AT G37 was that it felt really wallowy and slow to react, amazing difference compared to the same running gear thats in the 370z.

IMG_0041.jpg

Theres some pictures in this thread.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=50275&start=75

Sat navs the same, steering wheel is near the same, door cards are near as damn it the same, window switches are the same, pedals are the same. ;)

Dealership looks to be the same layout as Reading - very impressive, way better than any Nissan I've been to :thumbs:

what most of us forget is that the 350z (even 06 facelift) interior isnt a patch on the 370z.

For us 350z owners the infiniti is a massive jump.

That's true but I remember sitting in georges 370 and thinking it's a big improvement on the 50 but it didn't have the wow factor that the infinitis had, I think the seats were the biggest difference

That's true but I remember sitting in georges 370 and thinking it's a big improvement on the 50 but it didn't have the wow factor that the infinitis had, I think the seats were the biggest difference

Does depend what you want the car for, the G is much more luxo barge, but very nice to cruise in. The seats reall are like armchairs just dont go throwing it around any corners otherwise you'll be in your passengers lap :lol:

Oh yea definitely agree they are different cars but in terms of quality the infinitis are up there with the Germans, I'd go as far as saying better than the Germans actually

+1 but only basic german cars, not the likes of the c63 amg's, 7 series, sl65 amg, porker 997... but keep in mind that all these are alot more expensive

Like for like the Germans are lagging behind Lexus and Infiniti. In terms of quality of the interiors. The c63 has the same interior as a regular one, nice but nothing special and not the best quality materials. Even the 7 series interior is being given a run for it's money from the Infiniti M range, my dads owned more 7s than any other car and although they're very nice they just don't have the wow factor, no BMW interior does

....I should apply for Infiniti sales :lol: