Plastic trim removal? (mostly rear glovebox)

slimjim

Tried to do a little research, but I didn't find anything.

I THINK Paul did a thread on what to remove... anyone know where it is (I can't find it :blush: ) or if I even NEED a "How too"

Just want to remove my rear sub/glove box to see what kind of space I have to play with.

Cheers :thumbs:

I think you need to start with the door strips by the door step sill.

Then take the side plastics off behind the seat belts. You'll need to do this on both sides so that you can take the plastic cover off which spans from left to right covering the glove box and sub etc. Ah, you'll also need to undo the bolts which hold the centre armrest in place. They are below the armrest cubby. You may need to take off the sub cover as well.

All in all just trial and error, if the plastic part doesn't come off, it will be held in place by another section. Shouldn't be too much bother.

You may need to unscrew the glove box as well, as it may be attached to the large plastic section at the rear.

It's not a quick job, but you'll get an idea of space.

I also believe that if you are to make use of the glove box area, you'll need to cut (I believe) the glove box out from other plastics.

The section in question should be this size:

DSCF2152.jpg

DSCF2177.jpg

:thumbs:

:lol: Nitrous doesn't come free from NISSAN.

You'll be suprised at how much room is in there!! I have two 5Ib bottles in there, at a squeeze I probably could have managed two 10Ib bottles, but that may have required some remolding.