Next gen 911

LRF4N

WoW!!!!

looks exactly the same as every other 911 :yawn:

Yeah, the looks don't change much, you sometimes wonder how much further they can go with the 911 but I guess there's a bit more life in it for now.

Pete

• 1 month later...

Have a go on the configurator then

My ideal spec comes in at just under £100K, and that's without going mental on all the various trim pieces you could get :scare: Utterly mind-boggling money for a C2S, and yet they can't take the orders fast enough apparently. I do like the car, and the interior is certainly growing on me and a better place to be than the 997, but there's nothing there that would make me want to upgrade at this point.

911s are a great piece of engineering but I just don't like the look of them - they just don't look special.

There is something about it that just doesn't denote a car that stands out. When a Cayman drives by and you glance a look, it could be a Cayman or it could be a 911. If a Lamborghini Gallardo comes rolling into view its clear what it is and whats is capable of. 911s for me just blur into the background, and there are just so many of them about.

No doubting the capability of them, when I went driving a Vantage at Rockingham I was chatting with one of the engineers and he pointed to a lone 911 sat there which hadn't moved for an hour or so and was adamant it was the quickest car round the track (except for the Atom!) yet no one wants to drive it.

...and that fat back end, oh my, horrific.

coldel, I think that is the point with a 911 is that it's not 'too in your face' :thumbs: I think it's more that the silhouette is instantly recognisable as a 911 from the 60's to present, so we are just more us to seeing them.

Saying that the Turbo and GT3's stand out in the right colour. :lol:

coldel, I think that is the point with a 911 is that it's not 'too in your face' :thumbs: I think it's more that the silhouette is instantly recognisable as a 911 from the 60's to present, so we are just more us to seeing them.

Saying that the Turbo and GT3's stand out in the right colour. :lol:

But my point was more that the Cayman looks the same - in fact I prefer the Cayman shape at the back. :thumbs:

Personally I wouldn't buy a car which looks that dated, I guess it works for some people.

Have a go on the configurator then

My ideal spec comes in at just under £100K, and that's without going mental on all the various trim pieces you could get :scare: Utterly mind-boggling money for a C2S, and yet they can't take the orders fast enough apparently. I do like the car, and the interior is certainly growing on me and a better place to be than the 997, but there's nothing there that would make me want to upgrade at this point.

:scare: I spec'd one up near enough 100k! And then I suppose you ask yourself 'what cars could I buy for 100k?' and that's a lot to consider.

:scare: I spec'd one up near enough 100k! And then I suppose you ask yourself 'what cars could I buy for 100k?' and that's a lot to consider.

Exactly, although you'll be hard pushed to find one that does everything as well as a C2S sadly (R8 is too slow and has no storage, Aston is too slow and too fragile, and what else is there brand-new for £100k?) so it's still going to sell like hotcakes.

WoW!!!!

looks exactly the same as every other 911 :yawn:

Yeah, the looks don't change much, you sometimes wonder how much further they can go with the 911 but I guess there's a bit more life in it for now.

Pete

Do you think thats what they said in Stuttgart when they revised the first model? It's a design icon and they do right to stick to a minor massage with each model revision.

I agree that the 911/Boxter/Cayman all look too similar though. It's like Porsche are scared to do much different with the other models because there's a good chance they might look better than the 911. I'd be happy with this one....

porsche-hybrid-plug-in-electric.jpg

If they change the shape the Porsche fans will complain it's not a true 911 so I can understand why they stay true to it but after this many generations u can tell they're running out if ideas to freshen it up.

But agree the cayman should look different. The 944s and 968s had a very different shape they could do with a totally different model again. And not the panamera it's horrible :lol:

Exactly, although you'll be hard pushed to find one that does everything as well as a C2S sadly (R8 is too slow and has no storage, Aston is too slow and too fragile, and what else is there brand-new for £100k?) so it's still going to sell like hotcakes.

I agree and I suppose if you're in the market for brand new then it makes sense. Out of all the cars you list above I would rather have the Porsche, it is essentially unrivaled as an all rounder in that price bracket. It's only when you cast your eye to the second hand market do the possibilities become apparent and in that market there's a lot to be had around 100k.

Don't worry, they give you the normal one as well for that price ;)

It is a work of art though:

porsche-lightweight-lithium-ion-12-volt-starter-battery_100300526_m.jpg

So i assume you change over when you get to the track then Dan? Surprised we have not seen these before for other car's that are reguarly tracked. :)

Fair weight saving. :thumbs: But still £1295 though :headhurt: