Flat sub in OEM position...

slimjim

I take it you would be running it IB like the bose? If not make a box put a small 8"sub or 10" made for small boxes in and it will sound much better than that £400 one.

Dblock when you say IB are you referring to Isobaric? If so you'll need two subs for this unless I'm not reading correctly?

Aaaah get it, makes sense now :lol:

I remember the days I was into installs. I was running two Boston Acoustic 8"s isobaric and it sounded mental. When I had the Opel Manta we managed to squeeze 4 12" subs in the boot. Oh they were the days!

RisingPower... any idea on the size of your box?

Dimensions and also the cubic/ft of it?

:thumbs:

They're exactly as the cad drawing except iirc they couldn't get 5/8" mdf so it was substituted for something slightly thinner.

Does that mean I have to work it out myself? :D

I tried but my maths is VERY bad. I worked it out to be about 1.4m3 which I am sure is WAY off... (Plus I can't do the old skool maths with feet and inches!)

Anyone help me? :bangin:

If it's any help at all dude I remember I found that Rockford fosgate make a shallow sub,more importantly it's not a silly amount of money from what I remember. I don't remember the model number but if you google Rockford stuff you should find it or a version of it :)

If it's any help at all dude I remember I found that Rockford fosgate make a shallow sub,more importantly it's not a silly amount of money from what I remember. I don't remember the model number but if you google Rockford stuff you should find it or a version of it :)

HA HA ... he is back!...

Do YOU know the cubic size of the box? :lol:

ahhh ha!!!

So I recon it is just under 1.4 Cubit feet... sound right? :blush:

Forgetting about the little sliced of section... the box is

16" X 15.5" X 11" which is ... = 2728"³

1.57870 ft³

The section WITH a slice out would be

5" X 4" X 15" which is ... = 24.2"³ / by 2 (as it is at an angle) = 12"³ ?

2728"³ - 12"³ = 2716³

Plus take off a bit more for the thickness of the MDF ... I recon about 716"³ ;)

2000"³

Convert that.... ... 1.15740 ft³

Does that look like GARBAGE? :lol:

Think it says 1117"³

So I was WELL off ... me and my maths!!! :lol:

1117 in³ = 0.646412 ft³

Are you sure its 0.6cuft? I know a guy in glasgow that did an install on both sub and glovebox he said it was 0.4cuft but after the sub displacement it was 0.3cuft unless he built the boxes very small.

Think it says 1117"³

So I was WELL off ... me and my maths!!! :lol:

1117 in³ = 0.646412 ft³

Are you sure its 0.6cuft? I know a guy in glasgow that did an install on both sub and glovebox he said it was 0.4cuft but after the sub displacement it was 0.3cuft unless he built the boxes very small.

Not 100% sure.

Just bought the box from Shaun... so when it arrives I will do some proper measurements and work it out exactly.

But going from the CAD drawing of it ... it is 1117... so 0.64ft³ (Before displacement)