Royal mail rant, Airsure my **s

andlid

Ok been waiting for my ignition coils for EVER! (Thanks Zman for sorting me out, PLEASE never use Airsure again!)

Was promised 2 days (possibly 3 days)

Looked on the tracking online, 'left for overseas bla bla on the 11th'. Called my own Anpost more ore less useless too.. :rant: "no we don't have it no we don't have it" :angry:

After 15minutes of trying to find out how the heck to get a live person from Royal mail on the phone the 'customer' service person says it left UK on the 13th! :scare::rant: And is possibly stuck in customs if the carrier in your country has no record of it. WHAT THE HELL! I told him they had told the sender it would take 2 days (possibly 3) it's now 5 days! Was told it could take up to 15 days! Read this on their website:

Fast, secure and reliable

Priority handling in the UK and abroad

Online tracking and delivery confirmation

Up to £500 compensation

Prices starting from just £5.98

Airsure® can be up to one day faster than Airmail. Your item will receive priority handling at home and overseas and benefits from an online tracking facility so you can check your mail's progress along the way. We work closely with our international partners to ensure and maintain a high quality of service for our customers. For that reason, Airsure® is only available to selected destinations.

It's a load of crap, better off sending it normal post if they're going to be snail post service anyway. At the backside of this it's now costing me monies :doh:

So warning to anyone else thinking that Airsure is FAST, think again... better of going with overnight courier and pay double for posting even tripple ... 10x in this case...

Rant ended briefly. :rant:

I ordered some electronic bits from the States.

They guy sent them that day.

It took 1.5 days to get from Utah to San Francisco and 2 days to get to the UK.

Then 5 days sitting in UK customs !

As it is now the weekend it will be Monday before Parcel Farce ask me for an £8 handling fee - for what !

:rant:

S.

Try buying a guitar from the USA made of Brazilian Rosewood :surrender:. As the wood is an endangered species, it has to be sent will full CITES documentation. It took about 3 weeks to clean US customs then another 2 to get through UK customs. Never again...

F'in annoying when that happens. I find Fedex are the best I've seen so far for getting it through customs in no time at all.

Fedex rock, I always ask for packages coming from out of the UK to be sent by fedex even if it costs a bit more.

I hate parcel force with a passion after they tried charging me £8 to deliver it to me because THEY wrote the wrong address down :rant:

will we start a new thread with what we rate the couriers, had issues with more or less ALL courier companies on different levels :surrender: DPD are the only ones not yet done something bad, also allow for Saturday pickup at their depot. :thumbs: