"Slip On Spacers"

Peter10

I recently got some spacers from someone on the forum (20mm all round). Now looking at it, I would prefer 25mm on the back. I was looking on the Rare-Rims website and they sell "slip on spacers" which I have seen used a few times on friends cars. My question is, is it safe to use these as well as bolt on spacers? If I was to remove the 20mm bolt-on, put the slip-on and then bolt the 20mm back on, effectively locking them into place. (And sorry, that was hard to explain :lol:)

It seems like a fairly easy/cheap way to mess around with spacing if it is safe (which I don't see why not, as they are bolted in place by the spacers).

Thanks B)

2 reasons, 1 they will wobble about Ive personally found slip ons over 3mm make the wheels wobble.

2, if you put a 20mm slip on spacer what would the nuts go on? there wouldnt be much thread keeping your wheel to your car.

I wondered about your second point myself, but wondered if anyone had tried it. I figured the thicker spacers wouldn't work, but the 3mm may have left enough thread to fit with enough thread to work safely:wacko:. Didn't know that they could cause wobble though. I'll have to start looking around for some 25mm :dry:.

Like you say the smaller ones are fine for the nuts to go on but 20mm is quite alot.

Maybe it depend on the quality bit on another car I got some 5mm slip ons and it wobbled from every wheel :lol:

I wondered about your second point myself, but wondered if anyone had tried it. I figured the thicker spacers wouldn't work, but the 3mm may have left enough thread to fit with enough thread to work safely:wacko:. Didn't know that they could cause wobble though. I'll have to start looking around for some 25mm :dry:.

Pretty sure mine are "slip ons" ... (they just slide onto the bolts fist, then the wheels, then the nuts go on?)

Not had any problems with mine.... :teeth:

but I THINK the bolts are longer on my hubs? :blush:

yeh, I have this set up as well and no problem. I just needed to change my hub bolts to longer ones. If you buy the slip on spacers, make sure they are hubcentric.