bulb replacement

lukeaJones

Yes...I did mine a month ago.

Turn your wheel to full lock. remove 2 screws from the bottom of the bumper and 1 screw on the edge of the liner and bumper inside the arch. That should be enough to peel out the arch liner and squeeze your hand through. The sidelight bulb holders are relatively low so it's not difficult to reach if you've got relatively small hands.

The bulb holder itself is the standard 'twist and pull' procedure.

If you're replacing the bulbs with LED lamps. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THEY'RE WORKING FIRST BEFORE YOU PUT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER as LED lamps only work one way round. MAke sure you do the number plate lights too while you're at it, they are very easy to do and will be cheaper to get 4 bulbs at once... :thumbs:

cheers i thought that was the way, iv got a set of spacers to come so il just wait for when the wheels off saves struggle lol.

number plates already done :teeth:

What size spacers you go for?? Makes a hell of a difference!

The number plate LED lights and rear OEM LEDs completely transform the rear of the car at night!

What bulbs are you guys buying?

I want LED's for my sides and for my rear plate lights...

Are they all the same? What do I buy? :thumbs:

Here you go matey:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/501-5-SMD-LED-WHI ... 4735wt_938

These bulbs can be used as side lights and number plate lights :thumbs:

The seller will give you a discount on postage if you buy 2 sets, so you're in a win win situation! :#1:

Ta...

Indicators not need to be amber? Or are these the headlight SIDE lights?

Indicators need to be amber but there are many members who've converted them to those silver bulbs which are still the same amber colour with a silver appearance, makes the car look modern.

We are referring to the headlight side lights :thumbs:

Ta...

Indicators need to be amber but there are many members who've converted them to those silver bulbs which are still the same amber colour with a silver appearance, makes the car look modern.

Cheers bud... me getting mixed up again :D

Might try a set...

Thought these might be worth a try... fiver for 8 .... they might be OK... or they will be REALLY bad :teeth:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0667214503

Thanks again :thumbs:

Ta...

Cheers bud... me getting mixed up again :D

Might try a set...

Thought these might be worth a try... fiver for 8 .... they might be OK... or they will be REALLY bad :teeth:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0667214503

Thanks again :thumbs:

:lol: No worries mate!

I wouldn't risk it to be honest with you, they look a bit cheap and they will take 10 years to arrive. Just pay the few quid extra and purchase the ones in the link I provided, they will arrive within 2 days. To offset the extra cost, just don't drive your Zed for 1 day :lol:;)

i got 20mm for the front and 25mm for the back just waiting for delivery off zmanalex. should look a hell of alot better when fitted

Ah...same set-up as mine!!

Trust me they're worth every penny mate, the car looks beefier like it's been on steds for the past few days :lol:

With regards to handling etc, I've not felt any difference though, it's purely for looks.

I wouldn't risk it to be honest with you, they look a bit cheap and they will take 10 years to arrive. Just pay the few quid extra and purchase the ones in the link I provided, they will arrive within 2 days. To offset the extra cost, just don't drive your Zed for 1 day :lol:;)

HA HA ... I am in no rush to get them. I am going to try them for a fiver... if they are awful, they are awful. Only lost a fiver, then will stump up for a set you have posted :thumbs:

Not driving her till the weekend anyway, should save me some cash :lol:

HA HA ... I am in no rush to get them. I am going to try them for a fiver... if they are awful, they are awful. Only lost a fiver, then will stump up for a set you have posted :thumbs:

Not driving her till the weekend anyway, should save me some cash :lol:

:lol: Fair enough, someone has to be the Guinea Pig hey ;)

Let us know how they are! :worthless:

HAHA!! I thought I was tight, think I've found a competitor! :lol:

:teeth:

Nah, not tight, just wanna be "different" ... yeah, I will be a Guinea-pig.

And if they DO look any good, I could always sell on the spare 4 to someone on here.

Will take lots of before/after photos..... :thumbs:

In about 4 WEEKS time when they turn up! :lol:

:teeth:

Nah, not tight, just wanna be "different" ... yeah, I will be a Guinea-pig.

And if they DO look any good, I could always sell on the spare 4 to someone on here.

Will take lots of before/after photos..... :thumbs:

In about 4 WEEKS time when they turn up! :lol:

Ahh...you want to be a trend setter lol!

I like it, entrepreneurial thinking ;)

I'm going to be waiting eagerly to see the results. Hopefully I won't die of old age by the time they arrive :lol::p

yeah there pretty simple to fit especially with the instructions lol.

yeah i picked it up from birmingham well it was west way nissan in stourbridge to be exact :teeth: bit of a drive but it was a fun one coming home :drive1

Yeah it is quite idiot proof to be fair...

How did you attach the heat shield to the OEM air duct near the front bumper? The bit where you need to drill 2 holes in the air duct and attach it to the bottom of the heat shield.

Is that where the car came from when it was brand new?

yeah i picked it up from birmingham well it was west way nissan in stourbridge to be exact :teeth: bit of a drive but it was a fun one coming home :drive1

Also ... is it a post 06 car... and do you want to sell me the old standard intake kit? :)

Also ... is it a post 06 car... and do you want to sell me the old standard intake kit? :)

Both of ours are pre-facelift so they have the single intake not the dual like the facelifts :thumbs: