japspeed manifolds

garetgax

IT might have been asked before but anyone got any experience with the japspeed race manifolds. Are they worth the money, do they make any difference etc? Any BHP gains after up-rev?

Im already after some hfcs and a plenum spacer but wondered if these were worth getting prior to getting the up rev done. link below

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Nissan-350Z/N ... -19-1-261/

it has been said by many of the tuners on here that the manifolds really dont make to much difference as the stock ones are pretty good.

PM mark at abbey

They do make a difference but for the price of buying and fitting it's not very good £ for £

it has been said by many of the tuners on here that the manifolds really dont make to much difference as the stock ones are pretty good.

PM mark at abbey

stock manifolds are a crap piece of cast poo, very restrictive......but..... the cost of labour to actually swap them out compared against the BHP gains you'll get on an NA car don't make it a cost effective option. If for some reason you already have your engine out of the car, then yes i would say go do it. manifolds are great. I would however say don't fit the japseye crap. I've seen the fitting issues they had just with a back box. for me anything i put on in the manifold department has got to be top notch as i don't want to have to be paying twice to have someone take them back out again to put new ones in.

rough fitting time for new manifolds on the zed are between 9 and 15 hours depending on who fits them if its a garage, or a DIY and also how well they know the car. the better you know that engine, the quicker it can be done.

average labour costs anywhere between £30 - £50 call it £40 for this exercise, and say they managed it in 12 hours. thats £480 just in labour before you have even bought the parts. add in decent manifolds at about £400, thats about £880 to fit manifolds. and you'll get back between 5-10 BHP i'll be generous and call it 10, thats £88 per 1 BHP gained. and to be honest with out a remap the only thing you'll actually notice is the extra noise. and nearly £900 is alot to spend on for a bit of noise. especially when you can do the same thing with an exhaust; and then have something that is easy to resale at the end of it.