Wheel Spacers

Guest WINKJ2

Guest WINKJ2

All,

looking to add some spacers to my '08 313Z, I have 5 spoke 18" rotas on the front and back.

Would you advise 20mm or 15mm spacers? (also going to get some coilovers or new springs to lower)

James

What are the offsets on your rotas? That will tell you how wide you can go....

And most people tend to go with the lowering springs as they seem to be quite a good setup, plus a lot cheaper than coilovers.

Guest WINKJ2
If it is on the wheel it is usually imprinted on the inside of the wheel

ok will try and track it down...

thinking of a 25m springs....

James

If it is on the wheel it is usually imprinted on the inside of the wheel

ok will try and track it down...

thinking of a 25m springs....

James

Yeh, 25-30 seems to popular as it is not too low and doesnt affect handling

nice - any reccomendation for springs?

The einbach ones seem to popular!

eibachs are on the limit and you will wear the inside of tyres with them. Eibachs when checked with some cars put the geometry well out, just be careful

All,

I have finally found the rim size which corresponds to the ROTA wheel chart!

Front: 18 x 8.5 with bold pattern 5 x 114

Rear: 18 x 9.5 with bold pattern 5 x 114

ROTA WEBSITE WHEEL CHART SAYS:http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=30

Front:

18 x 8.5 5 x 114.3 OFFSET +48

18 x 8.5 5 x 114.3 OFFSET +45

18 x 8.5 4 x 114.3 OFFSET +25

18 x 8.5 4 x 114.3 OFFSET +30

18 x 8.5 5 x 114.3 OFFSET +20

18 x 8.5 5 x 114.3 OFFSET +30

18 x 8.5 5 x 114.3 OFFSET +40

18 x 8.5 5 x 114.3 OFFSET +35

Back:

18 x 9.5 5 x 114.3 OFFSET +25

18 x 9.5 5 x 114.3 OFFSET+35

What wheel spacer does that allow me?

Youve just detailed all of the sizes of Rota there are my friend, you probably only have one of them ;)

If you want the wheels to sit just inside the arches, you need a spacer that is similar sized - for instance, if your current gap is 25mm then a 20mm spacer will probably do what you are looking for :)

We cant help unless we know what width and offset your current rims are though :)

haha damn! ok - i will have to get the wheels off when I get home in a week or so! :(

or you could take a few picures of how the wheel looks against the arch so we can see how much it sits inside ect...

• 2 weeks later...

Guys - offset for the front is 25 and the back is 20. As said I have 18" rotas fitted and will be adding on the tein springs in the near future.... Can someone please advisenonnspacer recommendations? :thumbs:

Thanks

Im running 20mm spacers on a offset of E35, so that means an overall offset of 5.

This is about as much as I can go, as it is rubbing a little, and I will need to get the arches rolled.

Theres no chance of me even lowering it.

So I would say a offset of 10/15 should be fine, so you could properly run 10mm rear and 15 front.

Im running 20mm spacers on a offset of E35, so that means an overall offset of 5.

This is about as much as I can go, as it is rubbing a little, and I will need to get the arches rolled.

So I would say a offset of 10/15 should be fine, so you could properly run 10mm rear and 15 front.

20mm on ET35 leaves ET15 mate. Offsets are meaningless without widths as well :)

20mm on ET35 leaves ET15 mate. Offsets are meaningless without widths as well :)

9.5 rear and 8.5 front ;)

Ok, so Im running ET15 9.5J all round.