fitting wheel spacers

ninjaz

This might be a really stupid question........How do you stop the front disc/hub turning when tightening the bolts to hold the spacer? Got the rears on fine and had a go at one of the fronts but ran out of light when i hit this issue. Any help would be great :thumbs:

Either get someone to sit in the car and press the brake (that's how I did mine) or you can wedge the wheel hub in place using an long iron bar or something similar between the studs and the floor. Or alternatively wedge the hub with said iron bar by using the sectioned gaps between the disk brakes (and the floor) Just remember to cushion the studs with a cloth/rag in case you damage them

Pete

Either get someone to sit in the car and press the brake (that's how I did mine) or you can wedge the wheel hub in place using an long iron bar or something similar between the studs and the floor. Or alternatively wedge the hub with said iron bar by using the sectioned gaps between the disk brakes (and the floor) Just remember to cushion the studs with a cloth/rag in case you damage them

Pete

Or use a long bar between the seat and the brake pedal. Then move the seat forwards till the brake pedal is compressed enough. Don't know if you will damage anything this way tho...so far I haven't ;)

I used an open ended spanner, wedged in the brake vents, then used it as an opposing force to torque up the nuts :)

+1... but i just stick a big long screwdriver in there.

Also i suggest putting some copper grease on the back of the spacer and the nuts. :thumbs:

Thanks guys...i stuck a super long screwdriver in the disc and it worked a treat. I remembered to grease it up......but after i had done one wheel already :angry: . Still probably one of the easiest and best impact mods i have done on my car, so glad i didn't sell them in the end!