Reverse Sensors Are Annoying

MadGrip

Picked up my z last weekend and love it to death, its got every extra available (AFAIK) but those reverse parking sensors are just plain annoying. I know the rear visability is crap, so I was thinking about fitting a small reversing camera, that hopefully could be switched on with the power from the reverse light.

I already have the birdview satnav & screen fitted, but if I was to take apart the dashboard, would there be a spare input into the screen for the camera & also would it switch automatically to the camera signal when the camera had power and revert to the satnav for normal driving ?

I dont really want to start taking all the dashboard apart if theres no way this would work.

any advice or personal experience is appreciated

cheers

Phil

Picked up my z last weekend and love it to death, its got every extra available (AFAIK) but those reverse parking sensors are just plain annoying. I know the rear visability is crap, so I was thinking about fitting a small reversing camera, that hopefully could be switched on with the power from the reverse light.

I already have the birdview satnav & screen fitted, but if I was to take apart the dashboard, would there be a spare input into the screen for the camera & also would it switch automatically to the camera signal when the camera had power and revert to the satnav for normal driving ?

I dont really want to start taking all the dashboard apart if theres no way this would work.

any advice or personal experience is appreciated

cheers

Phil

PM Rickya as he is the only one I can think of that has a rear view camera which he did himself. Infact I think CDR UK has one too. Rickya has a JDM so I think he used the screen that was already in the car when he bought it. I don't know how it could integrate with the uk sat nav and screen but I'm sure Rickya or someone else will know.

:thumbs:

Guest prescience

Pretty sure that Pete (spill) is up on these and can sell you one in fact.

Drop him a PM if interested

Make sure you get one that reverses the image correctly so left and right match when using it, I recall someone buying one cheap and it didn't reverse the image; great for forward-facing useless for rear-facing :lol: