Sat Nav

Alex1983

Back again...

The factory fitted Sat nav in my 350z doesn't have the capability to find places via post code, which is a bit of a pain. Is it possible to buy a later version of the software (DVD) that will allow for this? Or am I stuck with a sat nav that can only find places through street names and numbers?

Cheers, Alex.

I would have thought a post code function would have been pretty standard?

I turned down looking at a load of 350z's because of them not having Sat Nav, and now just thinking it might have been wasted time? However, I have totally fallen in love with my roadster... not sure the missus is too happy about my new devotion!!!

Cheers for reply :)

When i bought mine, my first thoughts were the same. But, having used the sat nav loads over the last few months I have to say it works perfectly on the street names. It has found *all* the places ive been to and not once has it not had a clue.

It even seems to know the industrial estate roads where I work, which do not show up on my tomtom with the latest tomtom map.

The only thing which id like to see on the 350z satnav is speed cameras, which come on the 370z`s satnav as standard.

When i bought mine, my first thoughts were the same. But, having used the sat nav loads over the last few months I have to say it works perfectly on the street names. It has found *all* the places ive been to and not once has it not had a clue.

It even seems to know the industrial estate roads where I work, which do not show up on my tomtom with the latest tomtom map.

The only thing which id like to see on the 350z satnav is speed cameras, which come on the 370z`s satnav as standard.

Not having the Premium Connect in my 370 the sat nav is similar (if not the same) as the last generation 350's. No Post Codes but it quickly recognizes the town then street you are after and you pin point place in the road easily. But obviously not as quick as if it had the post code functionality.

But I use it largely for the 350z-uk drives we do, where post codes are in the main not known. Has got me round the routes (leading and with no passenger) so far without fail although the 5 way-point limitation means the longer all day drives have to be split in two.

I also find the split screen/ birds eye views when you approach junctions/roundabouts very accurate.

Yep, the paper map is now rarely used so my +1 is redundant :lol:

Although it's a damned fiddly system, and lacks touch screen and Post Code entry, I found mine quite a capable system.

That said, if you really don't like it, you cold remove it (and likely flog it), and install a system made by one of the traders here - NURRISH or COOKBOT. They both make different systems, have a look and see if they suit your needs.

I quite like mine and I can put up with no postcodes although it is a bit of a draw back at times. If you do decide to upgrade I'd return it to standard when you sell them as the "fully loaded" Zs seem to ask a higher price than those without - probably due to people like you and me who didn't realise it had no postcodes before we bought it. Also, as the prices on autotrader are generally higher for cars with Sat Nav it gives you a bit more arguing power with your insurance company if the worst ever happens!