Help identifying this part (pics included)?

notfub

I am new to Zed's having recently purchased my 55 plate 276bhp GM 350z.

Today I replaced the aux belts and did an oil change. While removing the engine undertray, the following rubber part was sat in the tray. I thought it could be a bung for the flywheel/clutch viewing hole but could not see where it could go. Any thoughts on what this is so I can put it back where it belongs?

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Key shown for size reference.

IMG_0940.jpg

CSI (Sheffield) says that this part probably originates high up on the engine, was dropped from above and landed in the cover tray. The "mechanic" could not be bothered to fish it out and put it where it belongs. If it had been removed whilst the cover tray was off, it could not have landed on it......

:lol: at CSI

Looks like I'll have to go on an under bonnet fact finding mission. ;)

I suppose the only consolation is that if you guys don't know what it is then it's a part that doesn't need to be removed during normal servicing activity.

I'll take another look tomorrow and see if there's something I missed, thanks for the replies guys :thumbs:

Does it fit into the hole in the undertray near the oil filter?

Apologies for the late reply, I've been at the F1 in Silverstone for a few days :thumbs:

Anyway, tried the UZO (Unidentified Zed Object) in the rectangular hole in the engine undertray and the hole is too big for it....so the search continues.

I can help with the key thing :teeth: but I really have no idea about the rubber grommet thing...........gets coat :tumbleweed:

I am new to Zed's having recently purchased my 55 plate 276bhp GM 350z.

Today I replaced the aux belts and did an oil change. While removing the engine undertray, the following rubber part was sat in the tray. I thought it could be a bung for the flywheel/clutch viewing hole but could not see where it could go. Any thoughts on what this is so I can put it back where it belongs?

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Key shown for size reference.

IMG_0940.jpg